I think Limos are lame.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by speedsix, Oct 22, 2010.

1. speedsix

speedsix

I don't get limos. I don't see what makes them all that luxurious. To me space is luxury in a vehicle. I would rather have a vehicle that I could stand up and move around in and be comfortable.

I think a conversion van done up nice or a big SUV or even a RV would be true luxury. Imagine having a really nice RV with a bath room and a bed as well as a table and other things.

Who wants to be cramped in the back of a limo anyway? Also, they look dated.

If I were rich enough to have a limo and a driver, it would be an armored van of some type with gun ports and an Xbox. I would be shiznits!

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

It all depends on the limo. If it's a stretched Lincoln/Hummer with gaudy lights then it's pretty damn lame.

If it's a Rolls Royce or a Maybach...that's a different story.

3. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

You just didnt get the one that gives you free chocolate ice cream..........

4. speedsix

speedsix

I am talking about the stretched cars like Cadillacs and Lincolns.

My point is, I think they were luxury at one time but are not purely status symbols. The problem with them is, they don't impress like they used to. When I see a limo I think rental or airport taxi not Trump.

Someone needs to come out with a large vehicle like a conversion van that looks sleek and cool. Not sure why they need to do this but that is what is on my mind at the moment.:supergrin:

5. speedsix

speedsix

Don't even get me started on chocolate ice cream! :steamed:

I just got my heart rate down and the blood has stopped rushing to my face long enough for me to relax a little.

I am just kidding.:rofl:

Why that thread got locked is beyond me. I guess we need more room for why Obama is a bad guy threads or links to boring news stories that we can find ourselves. That thread had the makings for a classic and I was robbed of that.

This thread:
    https://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1276998

6. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

On an anecdotal level, I would say that people in the habit of using such things use the converted van type vehicle(often called an executive van/suv/rv) more often than an actual limo.

The appeal is very strong (to having any chauffeur driven vehicle) It makes going just about anywhere better and easier. From a special event of any kind, to shopping, to a night out on the town when you want to have a few drinks. When you are driven somewhere in a large vehicle, you can bring all your friends and only focus on having a good time.

If you want to be seen, take a limo. If you want to fly under the radar get an executive style van.

I get something similar to this for all manner of events where I am bringing people.

[​IMG]

If it is a date, I get a "car" which is when the service send an "L" model Town Car. Most people wouldnt even notice it (think it was a "limo") but it is much nicer. It looks like a normal town car just a little longer but not like a limo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

I just gotta know, was that thread a joke?

8. speedsix

speedsix

Yeah baby! That is exactly what I am talking about. Way better than just a stretched car for comfort and working while you drive.

9. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Go hang out at a very hot/exclusive event/club on a weekend night. You will see as many executive vans as you will traditional Limo's. People just dont notice the vans as much unless they know what they are looking for.

Again as a anecdote, I would say, on average, people in the executive vans are doing what they do(living large is more normal to them), while people in the traditional limos are folks who are having a special night out.

The point being, the thoughts you have on this issue have been well workshopped and acted on by those before you and the outcome is, people seem to agree with you.

10. jsg34

jsg34 Blade Runner

Gunports, an Xbox and the word "shiznits" pretty much sums it up.

11. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

If you made $1000.00+ an hour you can make good use of your travel time in a limo. I know one man who makes at least that and is driven everywhere in a Bentley. Just a nice rolling office.

12. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

I could handle being driven around in a Maybach.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Thunderhawk88

Thunderhawk88 NRA MEMBER

It had to have been. Nobody is that big of an azzhole! :rofl: