Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Battle Born
12,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure I am in the minority but I think I prefer the standard grip safety over the beavertail. I dont have very large hands and hammer bite is not an issue for me.

I have just found that when holding my CBOB for prolonged periods of time my hand starts to feel uncomfortable. I don't quite get this when I hold my Springfield Milspec for prolonged periods.

Anyone else feel the same way?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Nothing wrong with that preference at all my friend. I love the lines of a nice Colt 1911 with the old school grip safety.

·
Banned
5,375 Posts
It's probably the shape of the Ed Brown beavertail. I didn't like it either on my Kobra Carry.

People go overboard with the high grip thing.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Nothing wrong with your choice at all. I use beavertails because I do get hammer bite, I like the slightly higher hold and the more spread out recoil.

·
Dremel jockey
642 Posts
If you were 'firing' the pistol, rather than just 'holding' it.......
you would see the advantage of a beavertailed grip safety.
:cool:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I prefer the regular grip safe too. I hold the gun as high as possible and maybe my hands are small but I have never been bit. I can't physically get my hand high enough to induce hammer bite even if I try to do it on purpose to replicate how it affects other shooters

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
I've came to appreciate both. My next 1911 however, is going to be a a retro one with spur hammer and G.I. grip safety. The beauty of a classic Government model is unsurpassed, IMO.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
The cool thing about 1911s is you can have the features you want.

Right, Taurus puts a goofy hammer lock on a gun and you say it's ok and talk about how it's handy when you carry it around in your backpack...... someone puts a beavertail on a 1911 and "it didn't need improving."

1 - 20 of 28 Posts