Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold two revolvers that I never shoot...and after a few days of shooting my brother's G19 Gen 5, I ordered a G19 Gen 5 MOS FS...seemed logical to me...

I've never had a red dot optic on a pistol....so this should be a learning experience...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You'll be fine. Start off shooting it with the standard sights. My standard USA gen 5 19 shoots amazing. You might be suprised.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Use the dot like you would regular sights. Put the dot on target. It will wobble a little. That's ok. Breath control, trigger squeeze, let the shot break. I have seen people get a laser or red dot, then as it wobbles around the target, they try to jerk the trigger and fire the shot before the dot wobbles off target. That is a sure way to shoot all over the place. Start off using a good solid rest and squeeze that trigger like you are shooting a fine 22 target pistol. Then graduate to off hand, one hand, etc. It will be great only having to focus on one focal plane.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Action pistol is not breathe and squeeze, that's for Bullseye. Grip it and rip it. Jerk the shieete out of the trigger without moving the gun, that's all.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
of course, in the current atmosphere, finding one might be an issue according to my gun dealer. He put me on a wish list with Davidson's and Lipsey's...

I'm unsure of the optic at this point, and it will have to wait some anyway...but the Vortex Viper sight gets some great reviews...
My plans are at first to just shoot the Hell out of it and get used to it...

·
Just sayin'
4,641 Posts
Sorry to hear you decided to sell your revolvers. I'm old school and love revolvers. Congrats on the new Glock pistols. I love my 9mm Glock pistols especially my Glock 19G3.

So what you need intervention for? Enjoy and be safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts