I think I may have done a bad thing...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Birddog9, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Birddog9

Birddog9 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Killing time at my LGS when I said "hey can see that M&P 9?" then I held what was one of the most comfortable feeling gun I've ever held. Then I further complicated things by pulling the trigger. Felt pretty darn good to me. Ive always been a GLOCK guy but this has me thinking about holding off on buying a G19 now. I haven't really heard anything bad about the M&P, if those of you who own any of the M&P series can chime in I'd love to hear views.

2. Glock40man

Glock40man

The M&Ps aren't bad at all. But, I don't care for the stock trigger.

3. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

I shot an m&p40 and it was really nice. I still bought a glock though and don't regret it.

4. hogship

hogship A republic, if you can keep it! Silver Member

I've had the MP9c for several years now. The "feel" is great, and the replaceable grip panels make it that much better. Reliability is perfect with all ammo brands I've tried. From a functional standpoint, I wouldn't change anything. Trigger is fine......

I understand they are now available with a manual safety......that is something I wouldn't care to have.

The take-down procedure isn't as good as some other more modern pistols, with that little lever in the mag well. This could be a little better, but not a deal breaker. On this particular point, the XD takedown is about as perfect as it can get.

It's hard for me to imagine another modern pistol to become available that could make me get rid of this MP9c.....but, who knows what will come down the pike? This photo is a few years old, and the MP9c, MK40 are still perfectly suited to ccw duty, and still "irreplaceable", IMHO. The NAA Guardian 32acp has been replaced with a Ruger LCP.

ooc

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  5. Birddog9

Birddog9 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd have to say if they made one in the 19/23 frame size I would have to buy one for sure. I'm going to have to try and get my hands on one and see how it shoots.

6. bac1023

bac1023

Great pistols as far as polymers go

7. dakrat

dakrat

if M&P was released the same time as Glock, I have a feeling they might have the edge in the market sales.

8. pillboxhat5

pillboxhat5

i had an m&p 40 compact that kept ejecting my mag but other then that loved the gun.... bought it for a carry gun so had to get rid of it but would like a full size one for fun!!

9. craig19

craig19

I have an M&P 40, have had it over a year and half now. I really like it, it comfortable and shoots well. I have not had an FTF or FTE yet. I'm very happy with it.

10. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

I have one in .45, and a 40 Pro on layaway.
    Glock is way behind the curve when it comes to producing up to date arms.
    The Walther p99 came out long ago with changeable grips sizes.

The M&P's are better than any Glock currently produced.

11. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

The M&P can be taken down exactly like an XD, just pull the trigger instead of pushing the sear deactivation lever down.

Sent from my Motorola Atrix

12. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

I have the .40 and really like it, but I also like my Glocks.

13. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats! I love all of my M&P's. They feel great in my hand. And as you see by my signature line, I'm kind of a Glock fan too. :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  14. carloglock19

carloglock19

I like my M&P.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

15. Glock_your_world

Glock_your_world

I love my M&P 9 . I was thinking about a g19 and went to the range and rented one and shot it along with my M&P and I just shoot the M&P better and the ergos are way better. As for now the g19 is on hold I just don't see the need right now. Maybe if I get some extra money one day.

16. 2740dmx

2740dmx

Never owned an M&P, so not qualified to comment on M&P vs Glock...

but I will say that what feels good to us while holding it at a gunstore, doesn't always translate to what works best for us at the range.

What I mean is, the first time someone handed me a Glock, I couldn't give it back fast enough! Felt terrible in my hand: blocky and top heavy...and...plastic!
    Months later, while at a range, I rented a G27 to compare with my Sig P239 that I loved.
    Within the first two magazines of ammo, I was converted to Glock.
    It was lighter, more capacity, lower bore axis, better trigger reset, etc...
    It WAS ugly to me...but I made the switch from Sig to Glock...

So...just saying, might want to shoot an M&P first, before leaving Glock behind....unless you can afford both!
    Be sure and let us know your experiences!

17. Aahzz

Aahzz Who?

Love my M&P 9 - feels as if it was made for my hand. I also shoot it better than I do any of the Glocks I have owned, and feel it's every bit as reliable/durable.

18. blastfact

blastfact

I went to the Tulsa Gun Show yesterday. I lined up a G17, 19, (both Gen4) M&P 9, M&P 9 pro, and PPQ. I left with a M&P 9 Talo Edition. And If I'd had more money I would have hauled out a PPQ. Glock need not apply anymore for my money.

As a owner of a G20 and M&P .45. It's clear to me anyway. Glock has been passed. The industry as a whole is marching straight into the future. And Glocks hung in a rut.