Glock Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Stock sights shoot perfect,but lets fact a fact!
But its just the way its always been and forever will be. We look, and buy what we would rather have in life.
My guns came with plastic,i wanted night sights,and metal? Yup that too!
Did i NEED them? Nope,stock sights worked great.
I wonder? Did glock use plastic thinking they would be replaced anyway in most cases? Probably!

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
When using this light all I can see is the front and rear sight and they are completely black.
It's the downside of not having night sights, with some people. I see all black, as well, with a light. Been that way for years. The upside, however, is there is a plethora of information and practice drills you can do to become a well-versed instinct shooter. At that point (no pun intended), it won't matter if you can't see the sights. Bad guy is still going for an emergency room visit.

· Registered
3,063 Posts
I don't have a problem with the stock sights. In fact I shoot the stock sights better than most three dot sights.
On my carry pistol, a gen2 G-23 it came with Glock Night Sights. It was second hand to me.
My gen2 G-19 that I carry, I have Tru-Glo TFO's.
They show up good at night, and the Fiber optics light up fine in the daytime. Both help my Old Eyes get a good sight picture.
The other Glocks I have still have Stock sights and they work just fine at the range.
My Old G-21 that I shot Bowling Pins with, Has had a rough life. Lots of rounds through her.
I found that shooting fast and moving from one target to another that the rear sight needed a wider opening, or a narrower front sight.
If you look closely at the rear sight, between the white stripe and the open notch there is black plastic.
If you take a very sharp knife, like an exacto, I used my pocket knife. You can slice off that black plastic down to the edge of the white. Don't cut out the bottom, just the sides.
This leaves a wider rear notch, and you are able to get on target faster.
You could use a very small file, and do the same thing, just leave the bottom alone.

· Registered
32 Posts
I used the stock polymer sights on my G31 for many years with no issues. That said, i much prefer sights like Trijicon HD. The blacked out rear U-notch and super visible front just work for me. I've got 10-8 sights on a few Glocks with the U-notch rear and brass bead front. I really dig those as well.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.