"I think I left my car in Sarasota - maybe Tampa!"

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by .264 magnum, Mar 21, 2010.

1. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Last Friday - some friends and I were becoming more and more alarmed that another friend hadn't checked in at all during his annual Florida vacation/booze addled boat ride with his friend and boss who lives around Naples. His VM was full and he simply didn't return any calls or emails. We were within a day or so of calling the cops/Coast Guard.

Later in the day from his buddy's boat cruising off the Florida coast near Daytona, our buddy calls me saying that he and his friend left Naples, along with three really good looking girls, friend is 58 and the boss is a little older, "sometime in late February" - he left DFW on Feb. 10. He added that they are having a blast but that he had a really bad sun-burn on this azz! And he can't decide which of the girls to marry. Apparently, he tried to kill a grouper with his "bare hands and cell phone" at one point and his phone is now "just gone". Call me crazy but I'm thinking booze is a big player on this trip. I heard some really funny/perverse sexual stuff that fails the GT cut. Anyway as our conversation is ending, a 30 minutes long conversation Hunter S. Thompson would have approved of, complete with shrieking girls in the background, friendo says, "magnum I think I left my car in Sarasota - maybe Tampa"! Think about that for a minute. Apparently they will not set a course south for at least another week.

At the call's conclusion friendo was pushing his car's remote horn sounder on his key chain. Maybe 420 is a big player on this trip too.

Good thing my buddy A. Has some money B. Has no wife or kids C. His boss/friend owns the boat. Hopefully, the girls parents/friends know where they are.

Getting serious for a second. I have his car's info, including year and tag #. I can get the VIN. If I call PD in Tampa and or Sarasota will they simply laugh at me if I ask if buddies car is in the impound? Hopefully he left it at the marina in Naples - maybe I need to call them first.

ETA - Friend and his boss do this cruise every year. I'm thinking they may need a baby-sitter next time.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  2. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL

3. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

I'm thinking your friend has been having a LOT more fun than I.

Best of luck to you and to your friend.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  4. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Once a year would be QUITE enough! Think of the memories he would have if the alcohol hadn't taken out so many brain cells?!?!!

I bet he's a great friend, and the life of ever party. I've had a couple of friends like that in my day, but they never made 58.

5. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Your buddy is 58, he's the youngster and these girls are young enough their parents should be concerned of their whereabouts???

You gotta love FL in March!

6. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

.264 -
    Maybe next year they'll invite you along.

"Party on, Garth!"

7. 1 old 0311

1 old 0311

I have a friend who FINALLY went into AA. At the first meeting people were talking about getting arrested 1-2 times. He announced that since high school, decades ago, he has LOST 3 cars. :crying:

8. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

He's the coolest customer 95% of the time. Designated driver. Nurse to the too drunk. He's a pilot with decades of experience as such he sees the downside to risky situations. I think this boat ride is the only time he can completely relax and blow off steam.

9. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Maybe.

10. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

OT it sounds like the girls are in their 20s.

11. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Damn. My buddy's car is worth some fairly serious coin. He wants to find it.

12. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

It's Spring Break... Before Truth found me, it took me a two days to find my Chevelle once, but at least I remembered what town it was in. :whistling:

I'll pray for your buddy.

13. 1 old 0311

1 old 0311

IF it's not stolen, and stripped for parts SOME cities actually try to find you......well after the tow and storage hits $1000-$2000:crying:

14. SPDMTL

SPDMTL

Where'd He possibly leave it in Sarasota? Might be OK if it were a few days, after that....... :dunno: