close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I think I feel bad!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by superjew, Mar 19, 2012.

1. superjew

superjew

Met a guy that just inherited a gun collection. He no clue about the guns were worth. I saw he had a G23 NIB and a G27 NIB. They were both purchased in January at my buddies shop. I offered the guy $800 for both. I made it sound like I was over paying and he took it. I dont know if I should feel bad or happy.

2. Gaucho

Gaucho Jungian

I think you both got a deal and you shouldn't feel bad. Considering that would be LE price for both he didn't get ripped and he got cash for something he inherited. You both got lucky!

3. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

If he cared that much he should have looked into what they go for. And you didnt rip him too badly...

4. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

That's probably about what he would have gotten had he sold them to a shop (if that much). Don't feel bad, but if you feel the need to send me the money you think you owe him and I'll get it to him. :rofl:

5. Breadman03

Breadman03

I got a G35 for $400 from a LGS. You got a good deal, but didn't rob him, either. I'd say you payed at the bottom end of fair market value.

6. Finestkind

Finestkind

If you had offered him 100 each then you should feel bad. 400 each is good pricing for both of you.

Finestkind

7. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

You both did well, with you maybe coming out on top just a little :). A Gunshop would have ripped him so you did him a favor. Enjoy the Glocks!!!

8. Fastfordsrus

Fastfordsrus

No offense if he knows you are a jew then he should have expected to be lowballed. :rofl:

9. Frank V

Frank V

I wouldn't feel bad about that deal for either of you. A new gun is only a new gun till it's sold, then it's a used gun, in my opinion, even if it hasn't been fired. I think your price was fair, he thought so too or he wouldn't have taken it, or he'd done some research & countered. I don't think you stole them, were they worth a little more? Maybe, probably not a lot more though.
    Frank

10. superjew

superjew

Very true!

11. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

You didn't rip him off at all. Shops around here would give him $350.00 each if he brought those in to sell. I actually would have offered $300.00 to $350.00 each, which is fair.