Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supreme Advisor
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been a huge Glock fan since I prefer single action autos and especially 1911s. However, several years ago I purchased a Glock 19 and gave it a NY Trigger for CCW. My Glock 19 has been a fine pistol by all accounts. This said, I've not felt compelled to purchase another Glock (for several years), at least not until I went to the range today with a friend of mine. He purchased a new Glock 17L and he let me shoot it today. It was an amazing pistol in terms of accuracy and ergonomics so I guess that eventually that I'll have to get one for myself.

:milestone:

·
Registered
827 Posts
I've never been a huge Glock fan since I prefer single action autos and especially 1911s. However, several years ago I purchased a Glock 19 and gave it a NY Trigger for CCW. My Glock 19 has been a fine pistol by all accounts. This said, I've not felt compelled to purchase another Glock (for several years), at least not until I went to the range today with a friend of mine. He purchased a new Glock 17L and he let me shoot it today. It was an amazing pistol in terms of accuracy and ergonomics so I guess that eventually that I'll have to get one for myself.

Why wait?

Go to the dealer, now! :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I put a rigid recoil rod in my 17C, and 21SF(I know I'm constantly boasting about the RRR) and they have the action of a 1911 w/ greater mag capacity.

·
Gaff G26 User!
2,392 Posts
I've never been a huge Glock fan since I prefer single action autos and especially 1911s.
I grew up on 1911's. While living in OKC, OK I was introduced to .357 magnum revolvers. Suddenly, I didn't have to worry about tap rack or any other type of malfunction clearing (that was back in the days...1980 more or less...of lead bullets and dirty guns) and I had a gun that was just as powerful if not moreso than my .45's.

Fast forward to 1993 and my first Glock 17. Wow! Something as reliable as my revolver and 18 shots!!!

I never looked back. Of course I still own several M1911's (which I keep clean and lubed:embarassed:) and .357 mags. But the facination with Glock took hold and I'm still there.

Careful...once you get that first Glock you might not be able to quit!

HR

·
Registered
5,578 Posts

You are starting to drink the koolaide from the dark side:rofl:

·
Registered
232 Posts
my 20 yr old 17 is the best

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Why is it only Glocks that are related to the koolaid saying? I know some people on this forum that could very well be called koolaid drinkers of their own favorite type of firearm.

·
Supreme Advisor
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already have a Glock 19 so I took the initial plunge into the "World of Glocks" roughly 3 years ago. The Glock 17L was really nice to shoot this weekend so I'll have to check them out the next time that I get to the gun show!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts