I should call in sick tomorrow...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by astepup, Feb 3, 2017.

1. astepup

astepup

Because my supervisor comes to work on Wednesday sick as hell, and now I've got it. Coughing up icky stuff, chills congestion and it hurts like hell in the throat when I start hacking. Heck I should call in on principle alone

2. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

You call in if you're too sick to work, or if there's a genuine concern about infecting coworkers.

Otherwise, get up, shower up, coffee up, and get moving.

Jsferrazza, Jonesee and silentpoet like this.

3. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

id call off but if i do nothing gets done.

4. uhlawpup

uhlawpup l'Italia s'è desta

Have you had a flu shot? If not, stay home to protect your coworkers.

orangejeep06, Zonny and silentpoet like this.
  5. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

I can't "call in sick". (I've called in "in the hospital", though).

If they arrange the job and fly us across the country, guess what, we work while sick.

Sniffler and G30SF/F-250 like this.
  6. Terlingueno

Terlingueno

I always call in sick, when I'm sick

7. Glockblock6653

Glockblock6653

Exactly why I think "Perfect Attendance" awards and the like are foolish.

8. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    Sounds like YOU have an immune problem that couldn't fight off the sickness.

Your problem= You go to work.

Sissy.

:tongueout:

:supergrin:

KBKEITH, Sniffler and Resqu2 like this.
  9. Bruce M

Bruce M

While I preferred to not infect coworkers I also preferred to save days for when I felt good. It was easy to be miserable at work, sick or not.

10. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

That's crap must be going around, my wife, two sons, daughter, and grandson have all had that this week. So far knock on wood I'm the last man standing. I keep waking every morning and checking myself for any symptoms. Lol

MB-G26 and G30SF/F-250 like this.
  11. drew4691

drew4691

I'd call in, if someone came to work sick and I got their crap, I wouldn't be happy.

12. crockett

crockett

A friend working the bar I used to frequent a lot came in with the flu one day. Not a cold, he had fever and was sweating. Put my drink on the table, I look at him and ask "are you sick"?!

He: "Yeah I feel like sh*t, almost like passing out, must be the flu..."

Me: "That's a joke, right?"

He: "I wish..."

Me: "You just lost a regular, and I'll make sure this makes the round!"

I have zero respect for people coming to work (or wherever) and passing on the cold or flu.

13. droidfire

droidfire

if they arrange the job and send us across the country we send sick people off site and dock them pay.

i dont want other people getting me sick or decimating my workforce. show up sick and you pay $ back to leave.

Stevekozak likes this.
  14. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

My company would probably pay if you forced me off site. And I would gladly go.

But they don't want us there for convenience, or fun. They want us there because they HAVE to have us there, usually with a deadline and impending fines. We are a necessary evil.

They usually insist I NOT leave. Overnights or weekends. My health and work/sleep schedule are not their concern.

Walk Soft and Sniffler like this.
  15. Zonny

Zonny

My employer prefers that we stay home. In fact, a few people have been sent home when obviously ill. Crap travels through an office in a hurry once someone brings it in.

Stay home!!

16. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

Going to work when you are sick and contagious = getting others sick like a ******bag
    Calling in sick when you are not sick = being dishonest

I am sure you are a good guy.

crockett likes this.
  17. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

I can identify with that. I took sometime off recently, and my boss said he was glad I was back because it had all gone to crap without me taking care of it. It was a bit like untangling Christmas lights, but I got it sorted out within the day.

18. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

I understand exactly. Being a Superintendent when I had my knee surgery (meniscus) I had the surgery on Friday and was back to work on Monday on crutches most of the time sitting on my ass with ice on my knee. After my Gallbladder burst and I spent a week in the hospital I was back to work exactly one week from being released from the hospital. It was tough to run a job site from the hospital all doped up on double doses of dilauda. (I think that's what it's called it's like morphine) So much just doesn't get done when your out.

G30SF/F-250 likes this.
  19. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

People who go into work actively sick are dicks. I only say this because with four kids, any time The Mister gets infected at the bacteria & virus soup he calls "work", it ends up coming home and getting spread to the rest of the household.

One memorable year back in Idaho, a stomach virus was going around the old office. Everyone knew it was going around, but they would get sick and still stagger into the office and work - minus several bathroom breaks to vomit or buttpee. Then stagger back out and infect everyone within a five-mile radius.

After about a week of hearing about this, I thought we'd all been somehow spared...until, on a Saturday morning at oh-dark-thirty, I was awoken by the older daughter crying because she had literally strafed the bedroom she shared with her sister with vomit...and soiled herself while doing it. I got her all cleaned up and asked why she didn't just throw up on her bed (instead of the entire bedroom, including walls, from the top bunk of her bed). She told me she didn't want to get her pretty bedspread dirty. :brickwall:

Ever cleaned mac & cheese and Oreo vomit out of a shag carpet at oh-crack-thirty? Yeah, that. And she'd gotten it in her waist-length hair, too, so into the shower we go.

After all that, staggered back to bed, woken up by The Mister making elephant RRAUUGHGHHG noises in the bathroom and calling for a bucket HURRY. Got THAT all cleaned up, literally turned to go back to bed, Middle Trippy Dotta is hurling and crying. Then Tiny Demon Daughter added to the general cacophony and mayhem.

Numbah One Son, to his credit, made it to his bathroom (he was in the basement at the time), then had the foresight to get a very big metal mixing bowl so he could sit and poop and barf at the same time. Good boy.

The only one unaffected was me, but I was kept hopping between cleaning kids up, cleaning rooms up, and cleaning up messed laundry. Hosing everything down with Lysol and bleach in between, making toast and bowls of soup, and generally cursing the "work ethic" at the husband's job that made my life hell for the next three days or so.

I tell you this story as a warning - if you are sick, do everyone a favor and STAY HOME. No one is impressed by your stamina and drive if you're just spreading the plague around. The most annoying part was that everyone at The Mister's job at the time had the option to work from home via VPN, meaning they were choosing to come into the office with a virulent infection. :fist:

MB-G26 and orangejeep06 like this.
  20. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

This household got hit with the same, or very similar, bug. No fun.

orangejeep06 likes this.