Glock Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jungian
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was next to a nice guy at the range today who had a 20c. He asked if I wanted to shoot it and I of course obliged. I have never shot a 10mm and was expecting a good hard bang, but with the compensated barrel it was real nice. Felt like I was shooting my 17 except for the slightly larger grip. I shot it better than my 17 too. Very fun and I hope to have a 10mm some day.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
What ammo did you shoot in the 20C? If it was your standard retail junk it was more than likely in the realm of wimp .40 s&w. And would have been very lite in a comp pistol.

I feel sorry for our local city cops here. They have 22C's. The local running joke is, If you want to get into a gun battle with the LEO's do it at night.

·
magnifi ba$tard
503 Posts
It was just some American Eagle.
Ah, I suspected as much. That ammo's basically .40 S&W in a longer case, (similar ammo just dribbles out the side of my 20-SF and has negligible recoil). It is very comfortable to shoot, since the pistol's built to take the stress of much hotter ammo. I suggest firing some full-power 10mm whenever you have the chance.. it gives the gun a completely different character; far more powerful, but still very controllable, especially in a 20C. You'll love it.

I shot half a box of Underwood 10mm, (180gr @ a true 1300fps), a few hours ago and I still haven't stopped grinnin. :supergrin:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I was next to a nice guy at the range today who had a 20c. He asked if I wanted to shoot it and I of course obliged. I have never shot a 10mm and was expecting a good hard bang, but with the compensated barrel it was real nice. Felt like I was shooting my 17 except for the slightly larger grip. I shot it better than my 17 too. Very fun and I hope to have a 10mm some day.

Gotcha! I've got one and they are great! You can shoot a variety of ammo from the soft stuff to the nuclear stuff (near 41 magnum numbers). Just get one and have fun.:wavey:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Has anyone shot the Federal Hydra-Shok 10mm ammo? I paid a premium price for a box expecting premium ammo. I can't say about terminal impact, etc but the recoil makes a bunny fart seem pretty powerful. Seriously, the ammo feels like 9mm. I was really expecting more.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I held the 20C and the 20SF. I went w/ the SF. IMO the 20 does not need to be compensated. Federal ammo is only about 100fps faster than the 40S&W. But the Double Tap that I shot claimed 1305fps and it still was a joy to shoot. It shot softer than my duty 23 which is loaded w/ 165gr hydra shoks (I know it is underpowered, but it is dept issued).

·
Private side
13,312 Posts
Did the doctor give you any clue on when your eyebrows will grow back and your vision will return? From most things written here, I have learned both of those things happen in addition to burns similar to radiation burns on the face and hands. Someonw said that the C versions were so dangerous, even Chuck Norris refuses to use one.

I hope everything turns out OK :tongueout:

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Has anyone shot the Federal Hydra-Shok 10mm ammo? I paid a premium price for a box expecting premium ammo. I can't say about terminal impact, etc but the recoil makes a bunny fart seem pretty powerful. Seriously, the ammo feels like 9mm. I was really expecting more.
Federal Hydra-Shock 10MM 180 gr. has a muzzle velocity of 1030 fps w/424 ft lbs. In comparison, to the 180 gr. 40 S&W load at 1000 fps w/400 ft lbs. It is not an impressive load. Just a 40 S&W load, in a 10MM case "FBI load." The same is true with the Federal American Eagle FMJs.

Did the doctor give you any clue on when your eyebrows will grow back and your vision will return? From most things written here, I have learned both of those things happen in addition to burns similar to radiation burns on the face and hands. Someonw said that the C versions were so dangerous, even Chuck Norris refuses to use one.

I hope everything turns out OK :tongueout:
:rofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.