Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
NOT MOD APPROVED
8,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm not exactly sure if this is a car that was never sent to auction or bought back and restored with period correct parts, but it apparently belongs to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Either way, whoever restored it did a very good job, it looks exactly like the ones I remember seeing as a kid other than the modern license plate (my memory may be failing here, but I don't think the fluorescent yellow license plates were a thing when this car was in service).

I apologize for the poor photo quality, I'm a dumbass who should have cleaned the camera lens before I took the picture.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Sweet! I put a few miles on that model, and the more squared off versions from the 80s. They weren’t the fastest or tightest handling, but they sure were comfortable and reliable.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts

I'm not exactly sure if this is a car that was never sent to auction or bought back and restored with period correct parts, but it apparently belongs to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Either way, whoever restored it did a very good job, it looks exactly like the ones I remember seeing as a kid other than the modern license plate (my memory may be failing here, but I don't think the fluorescent yellow license plates were a thing when this car was in service).

I apologize for the poor photo quality, I'm a dumbass who should have cleaned the camera lens before I took the picture.

That brings back memories. If I could go back in time.. late 70s.. I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

·
Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking
2,784 Posts

Thought I saw someone stumbling into the Scooby van?

Reactions: SevenSixtyTwo

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I started out in units that looked just like that b&w Crown Vic. We even had the same light bar, however, we had smaller hubcaps. The fleet at that time were mostly '89 CVs with a few early to mid '80s Mopars. They tried matching us up to our FTOs by height due to the CVs having a bench seat.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts