Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get vaccinated even though I have the antibody. It will serve as a “booster.” Unfortunately, my wife is a “long hauler” and I don’t need to bring any of the variants home. The CDC wants me to report any untoward symptoms. Hmmm, that’s a first. So far, I don’t crave human brains.

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
Congratulations. I got my Johnson and Johnson one shot deal 17 days ago, so I feel a little safer. My father in law died from Covid a month ago, and my wife got both of her Pfizer vaccinations in time to travel to see her mom (athough she missed the funeral). Now, we're trying to get Junior vaccinated before he returns to college in the fall.

The nanobots haven't taken over my mind yet.

·
Caffeinator
5,683 Posts
I am considering the J&J because I am a wuss and don't want to get poked more than once. Apparently, the trade-off will be some reduced efficacy.

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
I just got my 1st Moderna today, no choice in the matter. Quite an operation they have going, I was impressed.

Funny thing though, when they scheduled my 2nd shot, it is further out than the 6 week max window I've read about.

So, 1st was today 4/6, and the 2nd is scheduled for 5/30? Maybe she said 5/30 and meant 4/30, I'll check once I get the notification alert.

No pain or other side effects so far. Pretty sure I've always had that 3rd nipple...

·
Registered
43,136 Posts
If you have a strong immune response, having the antibodies and B/T-cells, are you planning on getting the second dose in 3 weeks or just calling this a "booster" and good enough for now?

Reactions: Westexas

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am considering the J&J because I am a wuss and don't want to get poked more than once. Apparently, the trade-off will be some reduced efficacy.
I believe there’s less of a “craving” for brains as well.

I’m starting to feel a “craving” coming on. Too much trouble to go catch a victim. I’m having some jerky instead. Close enough.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got my 1st Moderna today, no choice in the matter. Quite an operation they have going, I was impressed.

Funny thing though, when they scheduled my 2nd shot, it is further out than the 6 week max window I've read about.

So, 1st was today 4/6, and the 2nd is scheduled for 5/30? Maybe she said 5/30 and meant 4/30, I'll check once I get the notification alert.

No pain or other side effects so far. Pretty sure I've always had that 3rd nipple...
That’s a new “horn.” I think that’s normal.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you have a strong immune response, having the antibodies and B/T-cells, are you planning on getting the second dose in 3 weeks or just calling this a "booster" and good enough for now?
I’m getting the next one as well. Might as well ramp up the immune response as much as possible.

·
Registered
43,136 Posts
I’m getting the next one as well. Might as well ramp up the immune response as much as possible.
Well now it's like you've thrown down the gauntlet and I have to find the limit of possible side effects, this time, that would make you say "Well, that seems like I'm covered enough". So, if you crap blood or puke your guts out with this one....second one still?

Reactions: Westexas

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well now it's like you've thrown down the gauntlet and I have to find the limit of possible side effects, this time, that would make you say "Well, that seems like I'm covered enough". So, if you crap blood or puke your guts out with this one....second one still?
Yep, I’ve thrown caution to the wind. I’m going to take one for the Glock Talk team.

What happens when you’re already antibody positive and you get two doses of the Pfizer vaccine? Well by golly, we’re all about to find out.

I’ll keep posting........., as long as I can.

·
Come on man!!
15,879 Posts
I got my Pfizer vaccine back in January or February and I got a mild headache about five minutes after I got each shot and each headache didn't last long either. I'm pretty sure I had the 'rona already but the test was negative, it was probably collected by a Democrat. My wife got the Pfizer vaccine and had a bad immune response to the 2nd dose. She woke up in the middle of the night with a 102F fever, headache, body aches, nausea, the whole shebangabang.

She bit a big chunk out of my scalp as she was trying to get to my brain, but it healed up...

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got my Pfizer vaccine back in January or February and I got a mild headache about five minutes after I got each shot and each headache didn't last long either. I'm pretty sure I had the 'rona already but the test was negative, it was probably collected by a Democrat. My wife got the Pfizer vaccine and had a bad immune response to the 2nd dose. She woke up in the middle of the night with a 102F fever, headache, body aches, nausea, the whole shebangabang.

She bit a big chunk out of my scalp as she was trying to get to my brain, but it healed up...
I certainly hope you cauterized the bite area really well. Zombie viruses are nothing to screw around with.

I’m drinking a beer right now. I need to find out if beer drinking can exacerbate any side effects from the vaccine.

It’s for Science....., and the children.

·
18,328 Posts
I took my chances with the Moderna shot after hearing that some of the hospital staff at the VA hospital had bad reactions to it, but it turned out that those who had bad reactions were people under the age of 40 because they have stronger immune systems at that age. People over 70 don't react as badly.

The only reactions I had was a sore arm for the first shot, and I was really tired the next day after the second shot and felt kind of crummy for a couple of days afterward, but not too bad. One nurse and a doctor that I talked to at the VA both said they were out of work for 3 days.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts