Glock Talk banner

I put my hands on a gen 5 19 and 17 today.

2465 Views 27 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  triaxle
So I finally got my hands on the new gen 5 19 and 17 today. I have all gen three glocks so I was worried about how the lack of finger grooves would feel. To my surprise I actually like the 19.5 better but not the 17.5. The 17 feels huge to me without finger grooves. My edc is a 17.3. Also the half moon cutout at the bottom of the grip is not an issue to me. My fingers don’t reach it on the 19.5. Anyone have similar results?

I’ll be saving money to get me a 19.5 here in the next few months.
So I finally got my hands on the new gen 5 19 and 17 today. I have all gen three glocks so I was worried about how the lack of finger grooves would feel. To my surprise I actually like the 19.5 better but not the 17.5. The 17 feels huge to me without finger grooves. My edc is a 17.3. Also the half moon cutout at the bottom of the grip is not an issue to me. My fingers don’t reach it on the 19.5. Anyone have similar results?

I’ll be saving money to get me a 19.5 here in the next few months.
See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
4,160 Posts
I already owned the G17 and G19 in both Gen4 & Gen3, but was in a spending mood one day and bought both the G17 & G19 in Gen5, too.

I was concerned the front mag cutout would bother me with the G19Gen5 but after shooting it (now ~5K rounds) it's not bothering me, even though my pinky finger does indeed reach this G19Gen5 cutout with my normal grip.

My G17Gen3 already had the front cutout and it and the G17Gen5's cutouts are so low my pinky finger doesn't even reach those cutouts.

Now after owning and shooting the Gen3, Gen4, and Gen5 G17 & G19 guns, I'll still recommend either Gen to folks and they can base it on their personal preference. They all seem to shoot about the same to me. Personally, I like the no-finger-groove flat front of the Gen5, but I've done just fine with the Gen3 and Gen4 models with the finger-grooves.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.