close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I phone for an Ipod/camera

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by happy seal, Sep 19, 2012.

1. happy seal

happy seal

Anybody use an I phone for an Ipod / camera / game system = eventually I will go get a Verizon account but get one for free now with work.
    I lost an Ipod shuffle and need to find a source to carry my music.

Would there be an advantage to the iphone? Like an iphone 4 is not much more used than a ipad touch 4.

Thanks guys!

2. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

The iPhone has much better battery life, the camera is better, the camera has a flash, it has gps, and it can vibrate. I believe the processor is faster too.

I think that sums up the differences between them.

On the other hand, the iPod is thinner and lighter.

Oh, and the iPod screen gets dirtier much easier. The iPhone screen cleans off easily.

3. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

It's a fine choice for all those things.

The biggest difference with the iPhone vs. iPod Touch is as noted above, the camera. The one in the iPhone is excellent, the one in the iTouch is pretty marginal.

If you're primarily using it as an iPod, you'd probably be happier with an iPod nano - great mix of size, features, cost.

If you really want a small tablet for games, e-mail, etc, the iPod touch is a huge winner. Most people don't get that the iPad isn't a big iPod Touch, it's that the iTouch is a small iPad. :supergrin::wavey:

and the iPhone without a plan is generally a better device all-around. It reflects the fact that it's really a $650 device that's sold for a $200 subsidized price. The iPods do individual things just as well as an iPhone, and benefit in size/cost/complexity from being single-purpose or limited-purpose devices.

But the iPhone is a far-superior generalist, if you can get one for about the same price, and don't mind the larger size for a limited-use device.

4. happy seal

happy seal

What do I look out for buying a used phone?

Unlocked, jailbroken, esn, sim ?????????????

Gets confusing! :dunno:

5. GAFinch

GAFinch

I use a Samsung iPhone clone as a music player at the gym. I use an iPod Nano for running, but an iPod Touch isn't any smaller than an iPhone.

6. happy seal

happy seal

Exactly why I just want to go right to an I-phone! Just don't want to get screwed!

7. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

um..no! An iPod doesnt require a contract. iphone does, unless you pay full retail.

I never liked the concept of convergence for music and phone, they're on the same battery. I can get over a battery dying on a music player, but not for a phone which is much more essential.

If you want most of the features without the phone, get a IPod touch. I dump video to it to watch at my desk, tunes, ,etc.

8. happy seal

happy seal

Thing is I mgiht want to add the phone plan to it. I see what your saying about battery usage being wasted, it would bother me too but I have a company phone!