Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whew...this is a long process. I passed my Candidate Physical Ability Test for the FD. Now it is a waiting game for the interviews and polygraph interview to begin. For now I am off tomorrow to go on my first ride along. Very excited and very nervous.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went on my first ride along today. Quite uneventful. That's great as far as the rest of the city is concerned. No burning houses or badly hurt people on my watch. But not so great as far as I'm concerned. I didn't see or experience as much as I would have liked.

The most excitement today as a morotcyclist who had to lay down his bike to prevent hitting a car that pulled in front of him. Fortunately he was alright but he had some nasty road rash (shorts and tee-shirt...tsk tsk).

Asked the captain if I could come back soon and he said anytime.:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like you got a realistic impression of our work. Most of our calls are not working fires or major incidents. They happen, but don't go in expecting to run them every day. Its still a great job though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by FirNaTine
Sounds like you got a realistic impression of our work. Most of our calls are not working fires or major incidents. They happen, but don't go in expecting to run them every day. Its still a great job though.
That's what the captain and the guys said. Still having a "slow" day I still knew that there weren't many more jobs out there (for me) that I would rather have. Even the calls where someone just panicked and there was no real reason for us to be there it felt more like a privilege to go on them rather than a job.:)

I hope that my excitement about all this isn't setting me up for major disappointment. The captain said that with about 2000 candidates at the beginning and narrowing it down to about 20 recruits there even has to be some great candidates who dont get in this time.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Shift before last I was on the rescue, we ran three BS calls. Yesterdays shift the rescue ran three cardiac arrests, a trauma alert, and three BS calls. No fires. It's hit or miss for sure.

FlaFF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts