close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I new have the perfect carry gun! (My personal opinion)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Praetorian27, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Praetorian27

Praetorian27 NRA Life Member

I just installed my Crimson Trace Laserguard LG-436 onto my G27. That, in addition to the magazine sleeve allowing a better grip, and a 13 +1 .40 S&W configuration! I love this gun...the only downside is holster choices are slim with the Laserguard. I did find a couple at http://www.highnoonholsters.com/

What do you think?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  2. vmann

vmann Controller

cool, why not the glock 23 with a lasermax recoil rod system...with the extra grip you added, you might as well had the 23...i like the 27, but i carry that in the 9+1 configuration...so as to keep it as small as possible...

3. Price

Price

If you can find local company that makes decent quality holsters you can almost surely take yours in and they will use it to make you a holster. Not to mention youd be helping out any g-27 with CT buddies.

4. Praetorian27

I am probably buying a 23 soon. But, there are some concerns. I like the short slide of the G27 for a carry gun. The main reason I went to the longer magazine was more for the grip than the magazine capacity. I have large hands and just found the stock grip too uncomfortable...but again, I like the short slide length.

5. Dobie

Dobie

I have a CT Laserguard on my Kahr CW45 and like it.
    I recently picked up a G26 and was thinking about another Laserguard for it but after taking the baby G to the range I fould out I really like to put my weak hand on the front of the trigger guard so I am looking at other laser options. If you dont hold that way however its a great choice.

6. Praetorian27

Do you use that same grip with a larger frame Glock? If not, maybe the grip extension and larger mag is an option for you too.

7. Dobie

Dobie

My other Glock is a G21 and no I dont use that grip on it. The G21 is massive in comparison. I am not going with any mag extention on the 26. I like the flush mount for carry and the 19 mag for a reload.
    CT make a great product I just dont want this particular application on the subcompact.

8. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

I prefer to cc my Govt 1911 w/ 8+1 of COR BON 230Gr JHP +P :supergrin:

My 27 is set up identical to yours btw. I use a Bianchi slide holster

9. Praetorian27

Do you have a pic of your holster?

10. Armed to the teeth!

Armed to the teeth!

Looks cool! But I would go with the 23 its freakin sweet.

11. G26ster

G26ster

You can also put the "standard" Laser Grips on the G26. I have them on mine and love them. My problem with the LaserMax is that you have to turn it on manually.

[​IMG]

12. Praetorian27

Agree 100%. I don't want to be looking for an on switch if I ever need it!

13. LEAD

LEAD

I agree with this. Using the lazermax recoil rod or crimsontrace grip would allow you more hoster options. The compact glock would only add barrel length as you know, I find that when not pocket carrying the slide length dons't effect concealment very much. Add length to the grip as you have done, and your concealment dosn't really have much of an edge over the 23 and you've lost some velocity from the reduced barrel length.

Don't get me wrong, nice setup, and if it works for you, no need for improvements. I would just rethink the extra length your concealing when you use mags larger than the 27 mags.

14. Jackalo626

Jackalo626

Length of grip is main reason most buy the 27. I needed the short grip so the gun would go inside my upper jacket pocket in my motorcycle jacket. Carrying on the hip is not an option for me because I have been down and can't imagine the damage and pain a chunk of metal would cause to my hip and pelvic area. To each his own though.

15. Praetorian27

I can't even imagine the injury that would cause! :wow:

I always carry on the belt, under an untucked shirt or sweatshirt. It doesn't show, or cause comfort problems for me with the stock magazines, or the extended ones...so naturally I go with the extended.

16. MistoGators

MistoGators 0331 - Guns Up

I like the "guard" CT models for the smaller guns (I've got one on my Kel-Tec P3AT).

17. kp110477

kp110477

NEWBIE ALERT

I am currently in the process of purchasing the G27 myself and I saw the CT guard laser but I think I'm going with the lasermax. Someone said it best on one of these forums, I can't quote exactly but lasers are like tracer rounds, they work both ways. I would rather have control over when the laser comes on as opposed to it automatically coming on like in the case of the CT lasers. Opinions? Also the obvious advantage of the lasermax is that it doesn't change the profile of the gun in anyway.

18. den888

den888

19. ganymede

ganymede

For CCW, I would think you would want instant activation once you get a grip on your pistol. In most self defense situations I can imagine, you will be defending from very close range, perhaps in an awkward position. You will not have time or likely the fine motor skills to draw than activate the laser.

In most self defense situations, I don't think I would be worrying too much about giving away my position because the attacker likely knows exactly where you are or else they wouldn't be attacking you in the first place:tongueout:

I would suggest you attend a defensive pistol course at a reputable training school (Tactical Response, Suarez International, etc). Definately an eye openning experience as far as knowing what to expect in a gunfight.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  20. Praetorian27

Well said...and I agree 100%!