close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I NEED To Buy A RECORD PLAYER

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Westsider, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Westsider

Westsider

This is for my mom to play all her vinyl records. I want a record player/changer that takes 45 and 33 1/3 records, with speakers, like the old Magnavox or Panasonic kind that had the walnut veneer, plastic dust cover and the cassette recorder, AM/FM stereo, you know the kind. My only real requirement is that it works well and doesn't look like it's falling apart, of course.

Please look around and see if you have one you will sell me and let me know how much you want for it, including shipping. Christmas is coming and this is what I have to come up with since the one Mom had crapped out and it would cost more to have a technician look at it than it would to replace it.

Thanks,
    Westsider

westsider45@hotmail.com

2. BarkinDog

BarkinDog Millennium Member

Check your local thrift stores (Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc.) they always get these and you can pick one up for less than it would cost to ship one.

3. Westsider

Westsider

Yep - I tried our local Goodwill and Salvation Army Thrift Store. No luck so I'm back to see if anyone has a record player they could part with at a reasonable price.
    Thanks for the suggestion, though.
    Westsider

4. esse

esse

I have a mid 80's Sansui system in great shape. Linier tracking turntable, cassette, equalizer, amp, tuner, but no speakers. This was top of the line in its day.
    If interested, email me. shipping would be high though.
    Anyone interested in this email me. $100 + shipping?

5. usma89

usma89

check ebay or yahoo, they have all sorts of that type of stuff