I need some tips.

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by zx10r203, Jan 7, 2010.

1. zx10r203

zx10r203

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

You might be shooting too much. 40 rounds, properly, does more to improve you than 400 rounds kinda shotgunned out there. When you don't know what you're doing wrong and you just keep repeating yourself, then all you've done is reinforce whatever bad habit was in play.

I can't believe that you were concentrating on sight alignment and had the front sight in proper focus while pressing the trigger. Too many jerks low, weird cadence, and then you heel the gun upwards for other shots.

Dry fire more. Work just the trigger finger without involving the others, without milking the grip. Do dime drills, until you're sure that you're pressing straight to the rear and not anticipating.

3. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

You need some formal training. I'd also immediately get Ayoob's book Combat Handgunnery, a Gun Digest book. Get snap caps for a magazine and making certain you have Cleared the Firearm, dry fire. Do not rush the training. Get a squeeze ball and strengthen you hands, I have one next to my keyboard and do it often.
    Where are you located, i'll find you an instructor.

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Tell me (us) itemized & in great detail, your understanding of shooting fundamentals.

Then tell me (us), of those fundamentals, which are the most important for accurate shooting.

Then tell us what your own observations are of how well you adhere to those afore-stated fundamentals.

Last, tell us what your specific shooting goals are, and what time and expense you are prepared to displace in arriving at those goals.

:cool:
    'Drew

5. freespirit34

freespirit34 BMFTSY

It's the Kawasaki. Switch to Suzuki and everything will be right with the universe.

6. HK Dan

HK Dan

The vertical stringing could be several things. I'd start with "Don't look for the hole before the shot breaks". You can muddle around with all of the possible issues, with us guessing at what might help, or you can pay for a single session with a competent instructor and know for sure.

As usual, ThreeFeathers nailed it.

Dan