close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I need some REVOLVER advice.

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by paltik45, Mar 4, 2006.

1. paltik45

paltik45

I am thinking of getting a revolver for competition back home but I dont know which one to get. Most revolver shooters that I saw back home have been shooting a S&W or Taurus either a seven(7) or eight(8) shooter. Which one should I get? What Caliber .38spl or .357mag? Is there any gunsmith back home that is good on revolver? I heard Balolong used to be but I dont know now if they are still open for business. I am leaning towards S&W when ever I think of Jerry Miculek. I heard that if you use a seven or eight shooter you will be classified in the "open" division. Is this true? May lumalaro pa ba sa revolver division dyan? Thanks for my confusing questions kabayans.:)

2. infinitecolt

infinitecolt

For quality and resale value, get the S&W. Expensive but worth it. The Taurus is good because of the attractive price. No good in the resale but still a good choice.

3. paltik45

paltik45

Thanks for the input Infinitecolt;) By the way I remember several months ago there is a thread about BOGs that owns revolver. I am wondering if any of them used it for competition. Any other input fellow BOGs? Thanks:)

4. isuzu

isuzu

Do S&W and Taurus have the same mechanism with regards to revolvers?

5. vega

vega

Check with mayor (mslacson), he was selling his Colt revo before.

vega

6. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

According to the ipsc rulebook, in revolver standard, a maximum of 6 rounds to be fired before reloading. A local shooter who uses an 8 round revolver is classified in production division. Wala yata specific na open revolver division sa ipsc.

7. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

I think you should get the S&W 625 in .45acp if you plan to compete w/ it in Rev. Standard Div. so you will be scored major. .38/.357mag will relegate you to minor scoring.

8. atmarcella

atmarcella

phillip chua uses an s&w m625 PC, he ended up 4th in the last world shoot;)

1 100.00 2765.4470 617 Miculek, Jerry USA
    2 96.92 2680.1927 906 Lopez, Ricardo ECU
    3 92.77 2565.6320 379 Dietrich, Bjorn NED
    4 86.60 2394.9707 457 Chua, Phillipp PHI

9. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Value for money ang Taurus! It will serve you just as well as a S&W. The only advantage of the S&W is the all important PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP. Both brands are built like rocks.

10. paltik45

paltik45

Thanks for the input again mga kabayan;) I finaly narrowed it down to S&W 625 in .45cal. Primary reason is the power factor (major) and second deal is the LOGISTICS. Almost every one in my family back home have been into .45cal and Im big on logistics. My brother inherited a bunch of moon clips for S&W625 in .45cal from his ninong.:) Now my questions are: What store in Manila sells this puppy and magkano dyan mga kapatid? Second question: I dont know if TAURUS revolver is a clone of COLT or S&W? Anybody? Thanks again folks. :)

Lastly.....may nabibili na ba dyan na MOONCLIPS? ;f

11. paltiq

paltiq

twin pines ang source ng 625 dito. ubos na ang 5" 4" na lang yata ang avail. naubos ang 5" nilang last gunshow within 2 hours;P bumili ka na ng maraming moonclips dyan then benta mo dito yung iba:cool:

12. paltik45

paltik45

Pre do you have any Idea kung magkano bentahan dyan ng S&W625? Ang alam ko dati si "Laisa" ang nagbebenta ng mga moonclips dyan way back 1998-2000.Salamat muli.;)

13. paltiq

paltiq

ubos na rin pala 4" 625 sa TP.

14. ist45

ist45

paltik45,

Php62,500.00 ang nakita ko sa Twin Pines. You better buy a lot of moon clips, demooner (parang pliers) and pouches (buy about 8) there sa USA kasi wala kang mabili dito sa Pinas. although, you can find JRSpeed holsters here for about PHP3,500.00.

If you have extra bucks, buy na rin Miculek wood grips and maybe an extended firing pin. More impt., buy an extra cylinder; the cylinder locking lugs peen very fast when you do a lot of dry firing. Buy these there sa USA kasi wala yan dito. But be careful about the cylinder, I think bawal yan sa customs... Yung firing pin and moon clips hindii naman obvious na gun parts so makalusot yon (nakalusot din yong moon clips ko).

Ok na man ang revolver division. challenging, tsaka you never lose your empty shells...

DVC

15. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Taurus looks like a S&W but not its clone. Taurus' innards are different and they can never come near the very good trigger quality of a Smith.

16. vega

vega

Bro, these remarks is one of the reasons some of our threads got closed. Please REFRAIN from doing so. May sound harsh but we need reminder from time to time.;c

vega