I need some help with my S&W 422! HELP

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Ima19man, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Ima19man

Ima19man

I was giving her a good ol' clean because she has been shooting dirty ammo and starting to give me some jamming problems. I did a field strip and then took off the grips to clean them too. The problem was that a pin decided to fall out of the side when I took off the grip and then an internal peice fell out and it was all downhill from there. I decided to take on the complete break down, clean and lube project happily instead of whining. I completely broke her down, soaked, scrubbed and lubed to my hearts content. Put her back together after about 6 hours of trying to remember the correct order for everything to go in. I know its correct now, and I decided to try putting a mag in it.... all the way up and... hmm.. its stuck. super stuck! I pushed on the mag release and nothing didnt budge! The mag release seams to be stuck now. I had to do another complete breakdown of the gun. The mag release works only part of the time. I guess any 422 owners who would like to chime in would be AMAZING and for everyone else, please give me your .02 about how to fix it or maybe where to get a diagram. I have the diagram from the manual, but I'm just stuck now with a paperweight chambered in .22lr. Thanks guys!

2. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    Wrong Forum; try General Firearms.:wavey: