Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rational
17,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally time to upgrade the sights on my G22. I've had this gun since about 2006, and so far I've been getting away with the crappy plastic Glock sights on it. The gun is bone-stock, with no modifications.

However, I've got a little bit of money to spend, and all my bills are paid, so I thought "why not?"

I have very strict requirements, but not many.

This is a defensive handgun that I both use for concealed carry, and use it for home-defense....primarily home defense. It MUST have a highly-visible front sight that draws my eye immediately. I don't so much care about the rear sight, but it MUST have a front sight that is orange or red in luminescence, and preferably something that I can see at night. I was taught to focus on the front sight, so it is my most important requirement. I am open to other colors, but I feel pretty comfortable with an orange or red front sight. I am open to fiber-optic, or some sort of luminescent paint.

The rear sight MUST be fixed. No exceptions. I do NOT want to screw around with adjusting the rear sight. I do an over-hand rack always, so it also must not have any sharp edges on it. I am also not open to having optical sights on this gun. I would prefer to stick with traditional sights.

I'm not sure about what size I want. I don't have a suppressor, so I have no need for tall sights. I also don't plan to do any long-range or competition shooting with it, so as long as I can hit minute-of-torso with it at room distance and 21 feet, then I'm happy.

So far, I like what I've seen from Ameriglo with the Hackathorn night sight setup, and the XS F8 night sight setup.

Also, I need the best sight tools that you know of. I kind of don't want to go to a gunsmith and pay for the work on this if I don't have to. So let me know what tools you recommend.

Thanks!

·
Registered
39,327 Posts
Go to Dawson Precision. Get a charger rear/black & their Trij front. It's a really good setup for a def gun. Only thing that might be a bit better at night is the Heini Straight 8.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Rational
17,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to Dawson Precision. Get a charger rear/black & their Trij front. It's a really good setup for a def gun. Only thing that might be a bit better at night is the Heini Straight 8.
I was looking at Dawson Precision. Very nice sights.

·
Registered
39,327 Posts
I was looking at Dawson Precision. Very nice sights.
I think all my glocks have Dawson in some form but my g26 has the Heini straight 8s.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I’ve used factory Glock, Trijicons, Heinie Slat Pros and Ledges, Trijicon HDs, XA Big Dots, Warren Sivgneys 10-8 fiber optics, and I’m finally to Ameriglo Agents and UCs. I personally appreciate the orange fro t sight of the Ameriglos with their seemly lower profile. My sight preference and grifteasion has been based on age and front sight visibility. Given my choice, I’d still rather be shooting with Heinies or 10-8s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.