I need help finding information about someone

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JimBianchi, Jan 24, 2010.

1. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

A life long friend of mine has done something so egregious in or to the Air Force that he took a plea in his Courts Martial for 50 years of confinement.

This just happened in Georgia. He is currently awaiting transfer to either Leavenworth or Miramar. His wife told me this yesterday, but has not replied back to my inquires for details. My wife and I have searched every public records data base we can find with no luck.

What do you have to to do to take a 50y plea????

He had to be facing the death penalty to get that "deal".

I am reluctant to post his name here in public, but if you can help, I can PM you his full name and birthday.

I would like the GT brain trust to help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance.

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

A 50yr plea? I'm assuming you've googled his name for articles. 50yrs, I'd almost bet it was murder or some sort of sexual assault situation.. Aren't military convicts housed by the Federal Bureau of Prisons? If so they have an inmate information link on their site I do believe.. but if he was *just* convicted, it probably won't be there yet.

Edit: Eh, nevermind.. I see it just lists their name, entry date, and projected release date, nothing about the crime.

IGF

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010

3. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Very interesting, I have no clue what would get you a 50 year sentence.

If he will not respond with detail....this has to be something very bad, and he is guilty.

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

From previous experiences, I've found when family of the convicted is very elusive about their loved ones crime or "wants to tell you in person".. It's a sex offense.

IGF

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  5. JohnnyK221

JohnnyK221

I suggest calling the Judge Advocate's office on the base. Since the courts martial is public record, they will probably answer your questions (short of the actual plea negotiation conversations).

Since the plea resulted in a 50 year sentence, I would assume that it was a General Courts Martial and that he did one of the big ones. If he is Air Force he will go to Leavenworth Kansas.

6. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Maybe his wife has slightly deeper concerns at present than responding to e-mails {probably from others too} that are trying to find out what he did.....

No offense to the OP. But, can't you and your family give love and support to his family without having to know the details?!?!?

7. whitetiger7653

whitetiger7653 NRA Life Member

Curiosity killed the cat.

8. bluelineman

bluelineman Infidel كافر

What was his AFSC? Other than some kind of sex crime, maybe espionage? Doubtful, but possible.

9. boozer

boozer

10. bluelineman

bluelineman Infidel كافر

11. Smashy

Smashy

If you find out it was, could you let us know? We don't need his name, of course. I'm just curious what would have gotten 50 years on a plea deal.

12. bluelineman

bluelineman Infidel كافر

13. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

How would you feel if your long time friend was convicted of being a pedophile? (and we are not talking about having sex with someone who looks 21 but is 17.)

Would it be different than if you found out that he was involved in a bad shoot?

What if you found out he was selling secrets to a terrorist?

What if you found out he was on drugs and had enough on hand to be charged with distributing?

For me it would make a difference.

14. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

So sorry to hear that your friend is in so much trouble. This has to be a shock to everyone with whom he was acquainted. If he is a close friend, there is a certain level of trust that exists between you. To have committed a crime that results in a 50 year confinement is a severe violation of that trust. I would certainly want to know what it was. Go and see your friend's family. Offer what support you are able. We are our brother's keeper.

15. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Well, if something HE did affected how you treated his FAMILY, I would be glad to have less shallow friends.

No offense.

16. Adjuster

Adjuster

Maybe he knows secrets about a government conspiracy and they have locked him up to shut him up??? Hey it happens in the movies!!!

17. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

That only shows pending cases... apparently the case referenced by the OP, has concluded. I'm assuming the case the OP referenced, has been pulled, although if you sort by State, there is one from Georgia that to me, would have potential for a sentence like that

18. okie

okie GT Mayor

I'm so sorry Jim, that has to hurt:angel:

19. tadbart

tadbart duuuuude.

satisfaction resurrected it.

20. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Perhaps I am a "shallow friend", don't know. Never been accused of it though.

But then again I've never had a friend do something so bad as to get a 50 year sentence. And as a lesser deal to boot.

There is a trust that forms the bases of most friendships, and that trust works both ways. If a friend of mine committed an act so bad as to warrant 50 years, I don't think he could count me among his friends any longer. It's one thing for family to have to stand beside someone who did something like that, but a "friend"? Doesn't mean I have to "hate" him, but I don't have to imply my approval by sticking with him either. What if it's a murder he's guilty of? I don't have to, nor should I be expected to "stand by him". He destroyed the trust, not me. He pays the price, not me. Am I going to see him in jail? To what end? Will I "be there for him" when he gets out, nope...not on your life.

The trust we shared in friendship has been destroyed, by him. If guilty, he would be dead to me. Let him make new friends now that he's among the people who he should be among. I hear they're just a fun loving misunderstood bunch anyway, same as him it would appear.