close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I Need Garmin Rino 120 GPS GoTo help

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Grumpy Gardener, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Grumpy Gardener

Grumpy Gardener

Allright, allright I know... all my cracking on GPS units is gonna haunt me on this thread but I had to get one for our local SAR unit. So I'll take the thrashes but I gotta get this thing ready for field use.

Our Teams use the NAD 27/ UTM system for locating lost/found subjects in the field. When a member calls in their co-ordinates we have to forward to the scene and assist. The Rino's great because we can receive our other Team units via their Rino units, GoTo forward on the signal and meet them. But some of our Team members don't have these units and the 7 code is relayed via Radio to us, then we work towards those co-ordinates of the scene.

Now I've been setting this Rino up and I sure don't see anything in my menu systems in the GoTo setup that allows me to install the code into the unit.

Anybody got ears on out there regarding this matter?

TIA

gardener

edited to add; And NO I didn't throw my Compass away now that I got me one of these hotshot units! ;)

gg.

2. Grumpy Gardener

Grumpy Gardener

Never mind, I got it.

Thanks anyway.

gardener