Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my first Glock about 2 weeks ago... a G19 Gen3 and I am floored by how good it is. I am now looking for a 2nd. I've decided on a G26... but I can't decide on a Gen3 or Gen4. Then I came across a G19 gen3 at this little gun shop for $499 brand new... so now I'm thinking, for that price maybe I should get that instead. I wouldn't mine owning two G19 Gen3's.

Any thoughts on this would really help.

Hi, my name is Chuck... and I'm a Glockaholic.

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
I'm a multi person. I have at least 3 of each Glock in my sig except the 36, and I got two of those (wifey has the other). I want an immediate backup of anything I shoot, a lot. If you can afford two, get the 19 and then get a 26. If you are tight on funds, get the 19, anyways. You can still carry it fairly easily. JMHO

· Registered
2,187 Posts
I wouldn't a buy an identical gun, I prefer variety and different calibers too, if you are set on 9mm probably I would get the g26 gen4, if you don't mind different caliber my first choice will be the g30s, I had different gen3, but overall I prefer the grip on the gen4.

· Registered
11,286 Posts
Love my gen 3 Glock 26 and my 30S. I prefer the gen 3. My pistols are not tinker toys. I have no need for swapping backstraps, or grip panels (looking at you H&K).

Your mileage may vary.

· 98.SiG and Rising!
768 Posts
I too own a G19 Gen 3 that I shoot better than any other pistol I own. I also own a Gen 3 G26 that does most of my CCW duty. Do yourself a favor, buy a G26 and experience just how accurate and smooth shooting the "Baby Glock" is. You will not be sorry. Also buy a set of Talon "Rubberized" grips for them.

· Registered
77 Posts
So I bought my first Glock about 2 weeks ago... a G19 Gen3 and I am floored by how good it is. I am now looking for a 2nd. I've decided on a G26... but I can't decide on a Gen3 or Gen4. Then I came across a G19 gen3 at this little gun shop for $499 brand new... so now I'm thinking, for that price maybe I should get that instead. I wouldn't mine owning two G19 Gen3's.

Gen 4's are $499 all day around Metro Detroit, especially if paying cash. Not sure how willing the dealers at your local shows are, but you should be able to get that price no problem.

I prefer the "SF" sized grip of the Gen 4, even in 9/40. I'd normally say the dual spring assembly is a Gen 4 selling point but I believe Gen 3 G26/27 already have a dual spring setup.

· Registered
401 Posts
Through the years I have changed my outlook. I'm in the camp of having more than one of the same gun. I think having more than one Glock 19 is an excellent idea. If it goes down, or God forbid you have to use it and it ends up taken for evidence, you have a spare that uses the same mags, ammo, holsters, and is an identical manual of arms. Three is my magic number: one for off duty, 1 as a dedicated home defense handgun, 1 as a spare. Just my humble opinion and thoughts. Let us know what you decide.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
11,993 Posts
I have (3) 26's and (2) 17's. In competition or carry, duplication allows maintenance and trouble shooting to be addressed on your terms. Issues that arise can be evaluated more promptly and efficiently. Setting the weapon up identically offers your ability to become a better shooter with that piece. Those that have more distractions in more platforms (guns) take precious time, money and expertise from become proficient with one.

Take one piece and shoot it often, "beware of the man that owns one gun".

· "Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
If you didn't have the G19 then I'd say go for the combo of a G26 and a G17 but since you already have a mid-size Glock in 9mm I'd maybe look to another caliber. Give the G38 a look. Don't discount the GAP without at least renting one and giving it a try. That way you'll have a gun that's a 45 but still compact as your G19. If you don't want to go GAP but still want a 45 then the G30s would be my next choice. Of course you can go the entirely different direction and go with something like a G43 and have a really compact single stack 9mm to go with the G19. Sometimes I think we gun owners just have too many choices but then again, that's a pretty good problem to have. ;)

· Registered
1,272 Posts
I really like the new beavertail grip backstrap that come with the Gen4 guns.

It brings the baby-Glocks into play for me.

I want to get into the GSSF events in the future. In doing so, I'd like to be able to shoot in all their divisions.

I'll hopefully be adding a few guns in the future: a subcompact (G26), something for HEAVY METAL (G21, G30 or other), MAJOR SUB (G36)......or just a single G30 which appears legal in each?

Anyway....the benefits for you adding another G19 are the same holsters and ammo can be used......but maybe there are other benefits you'll find to adding an entirely different model.

11,993 Posts
I really like the new beavertail grip safeties that come with the Gen4 guns.

I brings the baby-Glocks into play for me.

I want to get into the GSSF events in the future. In doing so, I'd like to be able to shoot in all their divisions.

I'll hopefully be adding a few guns in the future: a subcompact (G26), something for HEAVY METAL (G21, G30 or other), MAJOR SUB (G36)......or just a single G30 which appears legal in each?

Anyway....the benefits for you adding another G19 are the same holsters and ammo can be used......but maybe there are other benefits you'll find to adding an entirely different model.
I have shot GSSF for over 10 years, remember one thing, do not compete to win a new pistol, after you total everything you might find a 4 category event 150 miles one way, will cost you $500.00. You can recover money spent and have a good time but be realistic in what it costs vs a return, good luck.

· Just sayin'
4,680 Posts
I would go with a Glock 26 since you already have a Glock 19. I'm not into having duplicates of Glock pistols.

Reactions: DubfromGA

· Registered
59,814 Posts
If I was convinced it had to be a Glock it would be the G26. More than a few here have reported shooting it better than bigger 9mm Glocks.

Reactions: DubfromGA

· Registered
151 Posts

My brother has the Gen 4 G26 and it shoots great! Very accurate! I almost bought one this time but, I wanted a pocket carry and ordered the G43. The G43 is worth a look at as well. The gun is very accurate and easier to conceal.

· Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I rented a G26 Gen3 yesterday and I thought it shot every bit as good as my G19 gen3 and was very accurate, at about 10 yards I put a tennis ball size hole in the target. I still like the G19 better... but the G26 is a close second. I am still undecided on the G26 or another G19. I like the idea of having two 19's cause everything is the same, I'd rather be highly proficient with one gun then marginal on multiple guns. I appreciate all the advice on which Glock to get. Somebody make my mind up for me.:D

Thanks.

11,993 Posts
Well, I rented a G26 Gen3 yesterday and I thought it shot every bit as good as my G19 gen3 and was very accurate, at about 10 yards I put a tennis ball size hole in the target. I still like the G19 better... but the G26 is a close second. I am still undecided on the G26 or another G19. I like the idea of having two 19's cause everything is the same, I'd rather be highly proficient with one gun then marginal on multiple guns. I appreciate all the advice on which Glock to get. Somebody make my mind up for me.:D

Thanks.
Even though I have (3) 26's get another 19, you will not regret it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.