Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say I’m usually an advocate of keeping my Glock stock. With that said I did perform a few changes. I have a gen 4 g19 fs. This gun has over 1000 rounds and I have owned it for a few years now. It by far had the worst trigger I have ever felt in a Glock. I have shot many glocks and this one was absolutely terrible. First it had an extremely gritty trigger on take up till it hit the wall. The take up felt like it worked in stages. It had a first wall and made a click noise. Then it would go back a bit more and inside the gun you could hear and feel some funky noises, grinding, until another wall. Then a bit more creep till the main wall. The pull was extremely hard with a very loud crisp break. Extremely loud break. Reset was tactile and normal. Then another hard crips pull. I took it to my local Glock armorer and he said it was not malfunctioning but did not feel normal. The trigger pull measured at 7 pounds. He put in a smooth trigger shoe which I wanted and a gen 3 trigger bar without the bump like in the gen4, with a minus connector. Immediately this was by far the best glock trigger I have ever felt. The pull weight was 4.4 pounds. Very smooth positive take up to the wall. And a very very nice crisp soft break. I’m completely satisfied with the changes. One of the best triggers I have ever felt in a polymer gun and the best trigger I have ever felt in a glock.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I would wager the trigger bar was out of spec . The gen 4 hump and where the trigger bar contacts the connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
... I have a gen 4 g19 fs. This gun has over 1000 rounds and I have owned it for a few years now. It by far had the worst trigger I have ever felt in a Glock.
Should have stayed with Gen 3 (true Glock Perfection) JMHO and YMMV

·
Banned
548 Posts
I've owned about six Glocks in my life. When I get one the first thing I do is replace trigger. Used an Overwatch Precision trigger on my two full size Glocks. Then I replace the barrel with KKM precision. I also recently fitted a Barsto 40 super barrel for my glock 21. I also the guide rods with steel and a heavy spring like 24 pounds. I get them from NDZ performance. I then replace the connectors. Mostly put In Ghost but now I use Overwatch Precision connectors. Also just put in Johnny Glock connector. Over the years I have two Zev triggers I just took them out of my big glocks. I replace the stock striker springs with heavy springs because I shoot 6pound trigger springs from Wolff. I also replace mag springs with 10 percent extra power springs from Wolff.
Also replace strikers with ZEVS1. I replace safety plunger with titanium ZEV. Sometimes I use slide racked from NDZ. That's mostly what I do but there's more.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am not one to mod. Now that I have gotten older I have started making sure all my pistols have night sights. I like the Ameri-glo Spartan Operators with the orange front dot. With that said, triggers are very important and if I don't like the feel of a trigger the gun goes to either be worked on or sold. Sounds like you made a good call and glad it worked out.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I must admit I put a 3608 trigger in my Gen 4 19 and also greatly improved my experience. I convinced myself that it still counts as standard Glock since its a Glock factory part.

·
Banned
548 Posts
I am not one to mod. Now that I have gotten older I have started making sure all my pistols have night sights. I like the Ameri-glo Spartan Operators with the orange front dot. With that said, triggers are very important and if I don't like the feel of a trigger the gun goes to either be worked on or sold. Sounds like you made a good call and glad it worked out.
Liked yours too brother

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Glock triggers are similar but all different. I prefer gen3. Gen4 glock trigger hump just bad and still not good with mods. Gen5 is smoother and a bit better then 3 and 4 but you lose the positive/tactical reset feel somewhat which is important in a good trigger to me. Trigger mods work best on gen3.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
"QUOTE"
Gen4 glock trigger hump just bad and still not good with mods.

I have a G29.3 it came with a trigger hump & a 7lb trigger. The hump was removed with a Dremel, & after my trigger job--3.1lbs measured from the middle of the trigger w/a Lyman trigger gauge.

Reactions: GRR

·
Banned
548 Posts
Does your 29 jam? I’ve had one for five years and carry it often. But it jams all the time. I’ve put in new mag springs and other fixes but somehow it continues. I’ve got a polished feed ramp so nosedives shouldn’t happen it they do

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does your 29 jam? I’ve had one for five years and carry it often. But it jams all the time. I’ve put in new mag springs and other fixes but somehow it continues. I’ve got a polished feed ramp so nosedives shouldn’t happen it they do
Dan, If it jams it does not get carried. I am not risking my life on a gun not functioning properly. Take it so a smith/armorer buddy.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts