I miss Mrs. VR

Discussion in 'Sharonville - A Memorial Forum To Sharon' started by gwalchmai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Rizzo

Rizzo Garbage Day!

The time I realized how good of a person she was went like this:

A year or so after I joined here, I was in a HS graduation thread, and I was relating mine. My graduation ceremony had this big spiel about all of the different colleges that the students had been accepted to: "two students got accepted to blizblaz college, one student got accepted to himham college", and so forth. This went on until the entire college-acceptance list for the graduating class had been exhausted; it must have taken 25 minutes or so.

As obviously proud as they were about all these colleges, not one word was mentioned about myself and the three other guys who had chosen to join the military right out of HS. This was three years before 9/11, and back then people generally didn't GAS about service members until the towers fell. Sharon quoted me, and said, and I quote:

"You know what? I think that's just terrible. Thank you very much for your service." :hugs:

It came as no surprise that she would go on to become a moderator, because I figured Eric wanted only the best people for the job.

I normally am very verbose and adept with words, but for some reason it can be very hard to express how much I miss someone. Off to drink a glass of (red) wine in memoria of one of the great ones I've had the pleasure of knowing.

Gaston_Convert, Joshhtn, tous and 4 others like this.
  2. GamerGirl

GamerGirl 100% Relevant

Sharon, you've been gone almost a year and I think of you all of the time, you are missed.

3. Ay Dios Mio

Ay Dios Mio

Especially when GKL posts any old thing and associative memories of their mundane and sacred times together bubble up in my mind. I miss her almost daily.

4. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

I think Sharon was the only person I ever got to drunk call from GT. Sadly, as close as I live to the VRs, I never got to go visit while she was here with us. :(

5. OSSI

OSSI Litter Kitty CLM

Sharon was the only one here on GT, who got a picture from me ever !

G19Tony likes this.
  6. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

I don't want to hijack this thread. We did have the pleasure of meeting Sharon and Jay when they brought their family to Disney World near our house. We met them and went out for dinner. We had a nice evening with them. We didn't meet their children because they went somewhere with Sharon's parents that evening. Those were great times for the VRs.
    But, Jay, I have to say, Mhambi is correct!
    We were there last summer...what a beautiful state Utah is! And Zion/Bryce/Canyonlands/Arches...Oh my goodness!
    We have a jeep and rode on the most amazing jeep trails in Canyonlands! It was beautiful and the absolutely the best jeep trail ride we were on last summer! We enjoyed it so much!
    If you get a chance, you should take the children to Utah, if you haven't been there before!
    Mhambi, you live in a gorgeous state!!

vote Republican and mhambi like this.
  7. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

I'm not the most publicly sharing person on the planet (understatement) so I read a lot of these without adding my $.02. I completely enjoy(ed) S and Jay. I don't particularly like using past tense about friends although it seems to be a more frequent thing than I would like as time goes on.

Whenever I was near G-burg I'd stop by and get grumped at because one of my OCD things is dishes in a sink. There are times after a handful of people would be over there and most had left I'd start in on hand washing the dishes. Drove her nuts.

Jay, you need to get to the NRA range again. Tell me when.

I'll just leave it here with this:

[​IMG]

8. plp

plp

Best den mother ever.

One of the finest people I never met, funny how the whole web thing works.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my dad's departure from this mortal coil, thought about him, and about a friend I lost in 1978 to a car accident.

The most profound loss that still aches today was a little red headed girl that moved on in 1976, a part of me died with her.

For some reason that reminded me of Ms. VR, probably the hair and wit. They would've been great friends, sisters from different mothers, don't know if they had the same temper or not, doubt it. I do know when I ran afoul of Emily, I knew about it in short order, and amended my ways tout suite.

I have always been of the opinion I would rather feel the loss of their passing, than have never known the joy of their life. Today has been tough, my dad was not only my father, but my best friend, and at the end of his life, I was his as well.

9. G30Jack

G30Jack .88 Magnum

Jay, I'm not on here much but you have my deepest condolences. I'm so glad I got to spend time with you guys at your house and the few OAF outings we had in the DC area.

10. Distant Thunder

Distant Thunder

Some people just make a lasting impact on our lives regardless of age or how long (or short) a time we've known them.

SevenSixtyTwo and Bullman like this.
  11. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Happy Mother's day to our GT mom. You are missed and paradise is a better place now that you are there.

12. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Amen. tom.

holyjohnson and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  13. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

14. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

It's like mooshed the 2 smilies together

ChuteTheMall likes this.
  15. janice6

janice6

She truly was "one of those, actually nice people". We have too few and lose them too often.

vote Republican likes this.
  16. G21FAN

G21FAN Loser Millennium Member

I have been gone from the GT several years, What happened?

17. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

It's pinned at the top of this forum. :(

18. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

So... Shar - Outlander season 4 starts tonight. It still isn't the same without you.

19. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Moderator

One of her favorites

TBO, MB-G26 and 2bgop like this.
  20. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

I still say the opening theme song is just... too .... on point. I used to love ot... but since - I load up the stream for the ep and then leave the room for minute or so. :crying:

TBO likes this.