Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Mentally Frozen
28,364 Posts
There was a lot of stupid that came with the virus that in many cases was worse than the virus itself.

·
rip "Bud"
10,364 Posts
I've spent the last 40 years sliding in and out of pews. I miss church like a coronary. We have been doing home church since the Pandemic. Now I don't have to suffer the crowds, any where. We don't have one Pastor but many... Guess I've always been a bit of a hermit. But our Tithe is to our home church, still. That has never wavered. We believe in GOD and the BIBLE.... Pastors/Theologins.... Not so much.

·
Registered
16,190 Posts
My parents had me going every Sunday morning, Sunday night, Monday night (Bible study), Tuesday night (choir), Wednesday night, and Friday night (youth night), until I was 16 years old when I 'rebelled', i.e. escaped the insanity. Church of Christ, hellfire and brimstone. I'm a couple weeks from 53yo and still living with the damage.

·
Señor Member
8,221 Posts
I'm all for reopening things... but we need to use some sense to keep the spread down and not overwhelm centers for care when the second wave hits.

·
Matthew 25:31-46
3,931 Posts
It has been pretty wonderful attending other folks churches of other denominations on line in our jammies.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm all for reopening things... but we need to use some sense to keep the spread down and not overwhelm centers for care when the second wave hits.
Oh PUH-leeze. If you're scared of a "2nd wave", then stay home. It's your choice, that's freedom.

I'm wondering what my parish is going to do about Holy Communion. If they don't have it because of this stupid virus hoax, then I'm going to have a word with my pastor.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
My parents had me going every Sunday morning, Sunday night, Monday night (Bible study), Tuesday night (choir), Wednesday night, and Friday night (youth night), until I was 16 years old when I 'rebelled', i.e. escaped the insanity. Church of Christ, hellfire and brimstone. I'm a couple weeks from 53yo and still living with the damage.
Same age, same experience, same condition, hardcore baptist.

Been to a couple weddings and a few funerals, but have avoided most of them and haven't been to a service since.

·
Señor Member
8,221 Posts
Oh PUH-leeze. If you're scared of a "2nd wave", then stay home. It's your choice, that's freedom.
I'm not worried - I'm worried for all the other fatties and unhealthy people who SARS-CoV-2 affects.

Reactions: jame

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

I'm wondering what my parish is going to do about Holy Communion. If they don't have it because of this stupid virus hoax, then I'm going to have a word with my pastor.
I see church hasn't made you a better person, Karen.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not worried - I'm worried for all the other fatties and unhealthy people who SARS-CoV-2 affects.
Then wear a mask if it makes you feel better. That's your choice too.
Seniors and other vulnerable people who have health issues should avoid crowded places during flu season. That's just common sense.

·
Banned
547 Posts
I always miss God.
Church? Not that much.
I, myself, am enough of an shole, don’t want any others hanging around.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.