I might have a problem! Or Not!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by newglocker10mm, Oct 6, 2020.

1. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

I believe I might have had an epiphany. In the last three months I have acquired the following: 1) Gen 3 Glock 23
    2) Gen 4 Glock 22
    3) Gen 5 Glock 17
    4) Gen 3 (?) Glock 38 (might be my favorite, frying pan finish)
    5) Gen 4 Glock 21
    Seems like everything just aligned right. I hadn't planned on selling any of my Sigs, but I had people approach me and ask if I knew of any for sale. I had already gotten the Glock 23, because it looks like I might be travelling again for work and realizing that Glock parts and magazines were easier to come by than Sig or Beretta, I wanted to get a couple to carry on the road. They bought my 226, which is what they were looking for. And it just went from there. Anyway, I have now sold all the Sigs and replaced them with the Glocks. I haven't gone completely off the rails though. I still have my Beretta 92 and 92X Centurions. All of them have about the same degree of accuracy in my hands using my normal parameters, 7/10/15 yards at about a 1 second interval and maintain a fist sized group. Only changes I've made to any of them was to put 3.5 connectors in all of them except the 21, which has an Apex trigger already installed. As it stands right now, unless something drastic happens, I believe I'm pretty much set.

Buckshot Barry and Papa glock like this.
  2. Orive 8

Orive 8

From 1990 - 2005, I almost exclusively shot/carried SIG DA/SA pistols. On duty, off duty, EDC, matches, training, etc...

Then in 2005 I made the switch to the Glock 19, I sold off my last three remaining SIGs and have never bought another one since. I liked the SIG pistols that I had and used, but I no longer want to use a DA/SA pistol system (before the SIGs I had used/carried DA/SA pistols like a PPK/s, Walther P5, Beretta M9 and 92FC, S&W 669, and probably a few others).

Times change.

Papa glock likes this.

3. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)

So...what exactly do you think your problem is? I don't see a problem. Sounds like you really have it going on.
    Just remember: when it comes to gun addiction there is NO CURE nor is one needed. Just continue to feed the habit. :cheers:

4. MacDonald

MacDonald

It is only a problem if your wife disapproves and nags at you.
    Then you may have to decide what/who has to go.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Buckshot Barry and Jack23 like this.
  5. Papa glock

Papa glock

I find it interesting that you posted this at this time. I have a P226 MK25. I do like the gun but I’m considering selling it as I don’t want to have da/sa in my collection anymore. I just want the Glock Trigger and my two 1911’s. I can’t decide.

Jack23 likes this.
  6. procharger1

procharger1

This is only the beginning. I said " I'm pretty much all set" like you. My Glock collections has grown into the double digits.

Papa glock and Jack23 like this.
  7. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)

It's probably just as well I'm not rich. There is no tellin' how many guns I'd have if I was. I'm always wanting something different/new. So I have to let go of a thing or to to be able to continue adding new stuff. Sometimes I let go of something I shouldn't have :crying:.
    I sold all 4 of my Glocks. I have spent many a night tossing and turning wondering why I did that. I loved them all.

The 17 for plinkin', the 23 and the 36 for carry and the 21 was my truck gun for those road trips and home defense.

The 20 will serve great as the truck gun and the home protection and I have a Ruger SP101 for carry. I prefer a revolver for carry now because of my hands. they are a bit stiff for the simi autos if I have to move in a hurry.

I will eventually get some more Glocks. One will definitely be the 17 after that well, we'll see. maybe something I haven't had before.

Papa glock likes this.
  8. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

I think the G38 is just a G38...no Gen. I could be wrong, and I used to own one, even.

9. DrewBone

DrewBone

You'll get over it, LOL.

10. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

The best thing about a problem is the challenge and fun of overcoming it.

:cheers:

Papa glock likes this.
  11. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Me too, 3 Gen G-19 (JULY), 3 Gen G-23 (Aug), 3 gen G-23 (Sept), and October just started.

12. Toocool45

Toocool45

13. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

chuck73080 likes this.
  14. chuck73080

chuck73080

That's a great idea...

I remember how I used to cringe every time she told me how much she saved at a Nordstrom Rack sale. She came home with 20 pair of high heels one day.

I've already got the GSSF coupon.

I guess turnabout is fair play:dancing:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Buckshot Barry likes this.
  15. capcap

capcap

Good Glock starter kit.

16. tcphoto

tcphoto

Seems to make sense to me, just remember not to play favorites and shoot them all.