close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I may cancel my RMEF membership...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HollowHead, Feb 21, 2013.

1. 2bgop

2bgop

Are you quoting someone or is this clueless dribble all your own?

2. BEER

BEER bad example

the ignorant type that believes the style of weapon has any impact on the ability to administer a quick clean kill. the ignorant type that thinks a .308 round is somehow less effective or somehow inhumane if it's coming out of an assault weapon instead of a bolt gun. the ignorant type that believes just because a weapon is capable of taking a 30 round mag that we're automatically going to use one, and even if we do we're going to load and use all 30 rounds to take down an animal.

that type.

3. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

What does any of that have to do with this thread. As I've tried to make clear to the less astute, I chucked my membership because this clown doesn't want you or I to own "assault weapons." My apologies if this is simply beyond your grasp. HH

4. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

You seemed to agree with JeepX that ARs and similar have no place in hunting.

1. I'm here to tell you that tens of thousands of serious Texas hunters will be surprised to learn that the platform they reach for most often is actually not viable for varmint control and general hunting duties.

2. No joke if you have time we'll go to my ranch and varmint hunt. I'll bring two ARs - one for me and the other for you when you get tired of carrying whatever you currently use.

3. I killed a 450 lb. Nilgai Antelope with an AR some years ago - best kill of my life but an easy shot truth be told. Nilgai have crazy good eye sight and hearing making them super tough to hunt. Somehow I basically walked straight at this guy not seeing him until I was not more than 135/40 yards out to his port side.

4. I killed a 350 wild hog with an AR two years ago. And I've dispatched somewhere around 2,000 hogs - although lots of those were juveniles - over the years. I've killed untold numbers of coyotes and 10x that number of jack rabbits 95% of all those kills with ARs.

I simply and fully reject the notion that the AR is no good for hunting.

5. BEER

BEER bad example

apparently you got your wires crossed somewhere. somebody brought up zumbos old attitude towards assault weapons in the hunting world, then somebody in this thread agreed with that attitude, then somebody else offered to change that man's mind. i replied to that guy wishing him luck at which point you asked 'what type is that?" and i responded.

so to summarize, it had quite a bit to do with this thread, but little to nothing to do with you personally until you asked me a direct question and i answered it.

so my astute grasp of the situation and discussion indicates that i was in my lane on this one.

6. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

The kommies will get to them too in due time.

7. jboy

jboy

Hold on, there are people that actually believed Zumbo had a change of heart, and wasn't just protecting his meal ticket?

8. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

There is no difference, but idiots are, well... Idiots.

The bolt action rifle these two probably prefer was and still are a military rifle.

9. HiddenEyes

HiddenEyes It can be done

If you find one let me know.:rofl:

I can believe that maybe he changed his mind after it blew up in his face. I'm willing to give a guy a second chance if he earns it. I've not heard of him since, so I've yet to see him earn it. We got the mia culpa thing and then he has just been working on getting back into the same groove he was in, replacing sponsors etc.

I have a neighbor that is a hunting guide that knows Jim and he says that he's real careful what he says in public, but is bitter over what happened and still feels the same way about black rifles. I hope that isn't the case, Jim would be better off with the black rifle crowd as friends, and we don't need another enemy. But I'm not too sure, I don't like getting stuff second and third hand and another hunter friends said Jim it truly sorry and wishes he could take it back.

Anybody know of anything conrete he has done? In public?

Mr. HE:cool:

10. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Public relations liars.
    Did he just join the Board, or is he starting his third term?

Zumbo will probably join Biden on his balcony, shooting at skeets next.
    :upeyes:

11. Fungunner

Fungunner

Obviously, we need a bolt-action AR design... with a 30-round magazine.

12. railfancwb

railfancwb

Mossberg has just what you have requested. Ships with five or ten round AR-15 magazine but will accept the larger ones. Just don't try to shoot from the prone position using one of the military-stack sixty round ones.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/rifles/centerfire/mvp-series

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

I agree completely, those who continue to vilify Jim Zumbo are doing more damage to gun owners than the Brady Bunch ever could. Zumbo is one of the most knowledgeable and talented big game hunting writers in modern times. He has always been a promoter of hunting, hunter access, and hunters rights.

As for the turds who claim to be pro gun yet use the derogatory term "Fudds" to describe hunters, fellow shooters, they are every bit as despicable as those who work to destroy our 2A rights. I'd wager that not one among those contemptible sops has ever invested a tiny fraction of the effort to promote the shooting sports as Zumbo has.

Look at yourselves in the mirror, put an end to the backstabbing, and grow up!

14. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Zumbo the Fudd, 2/16/2007

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  15. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

Hypocrisy at it's best, alive and well within us!

16. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Backing out of an organization because they appoint someone to their board who doesn't wany you or I to own an assault weapon is hypocracy? Do tell... HH

17. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

What is the problem using military looking rifles for hunting?

You both ought to be ashamed of yourselves for those stupid comments.

18. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

For supporting what conduct a property owner allows on his own private property? Really? HH

19. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

No, for the stupid comment of military style rifles have no place in the hunting field.

Shows a lack of common sense, and experience.

Would be just the same as someone saying horses have no place in hunting, because ATV's and internal combustion engines exist.

Congrats, you just Zumbo'd.

20. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Where did I say that? HH