Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
NRA Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me football; especially PRO football is entertainment. I like to watch it for the excitement and as a get away from the day-to-day; particularly politics.

Here we are, inundated daily with political messages. I flip on a Sunday game to relax. And I see some players sit during the national anthem. Some kneel. Some link arms. Some give the Black Panther salute.

One week into the 2016 season and I've already had enough. I have a lot of other options besides the NFL. With the warmer weather, I can even paddle board later than last year.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,175 Posts
It's the never-ending, droning, PC media coverage that truly sucks.

Just STFU about it, and it will go away. ESPN has also turned into a huge, drama-filled, whiney PC bunch of horse poop programming. So many "stories" about all sorts of SJW/sick children/PC crap, it's un-watchable.

Just cover the sports news and STFU please. Remember when ESPN was entertaining and funny to watch? The different anchors had their own catch-phrases they'd throw in whenever possible for comedic effect?

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
I'm a huge football fan also BTW. I watch five college games and five NFL games every week. To cut my football viewing in 1/2 will hurt me. So I'll continue to watch Jaguar games despite who they're playing as long as 100% their players stand. They are a pretty good bumch of guys and being Jacksonville is a military town, they best stand whether they want to or not. 49er and Dolphin games - hell no!

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I have completely written off the NFL and will not watch a single game or spend one red cent on any of their crap. As a huge Denver fan, this sucks but I will not support the flat out lies and misguided BS behind all of this.

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
If the NFL is something you enjoy and are cutting it out of your life because of the political views of certain athletes and their actions you are not only letting them win, but you are letting them control certain parts of your life and letting them take away something you enjoy.

·
SuperOwner
7,867 Posts
If the NFL is something you enjoy and are cutting it out of your life because of the political views of certain athletes and their actions you are not only letting them win, but you are letting them control certain parts of your life and letting them take away something you enjoy.
But if it becomes filled with political messages instead of football I am not interested in, I no longer enjoy it, so I am not cutting out something I enjoy, I am cutting out something that is no longer what I want to watch.

·
NRA Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a black thing, we don't understand I guess. I'm done also. Losers!
It's the National Anthem. It's an American thing.

Reactions: clamcop369

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
It's the National Anthem. It's an American thing.
No, it's a black thing. You know it also but I won't argue with you about it. I will say they are way less 'African Americans' than I am a 'European American'. I'm guessing 'they' have been here 200 years longer than 'I' have. When white guys start acting like bloody anus holes I may agree with you that it's an American thing. IT'S A BLACK THANG YO.

·
Registered
13,774 Posts
Exactly.
If the games are entertaining, I am watching them.

I don't care about entertainers political views, I care about the entertainment they provide to me as their job(music, movies, sports, etc). Did I agree with the political stance of Rage Against the Machine? No way. But they produced great music, so I am going to listen to it.

If their politics interferes with their ability to perform during the the game, only then I will care, as their game time performance is the product that I am interested in.

Reactions: XDRoX

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,544 Posts
I have been done since real people last played the game long ago

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Fans should send e-mail to major corporations advertising on NFL Game saying as long as the NFL & your company support unpatriotic players action, I will boycott your product.

·
Registered
11,544 Posts
Fans should send e-mail to major corporations advertising on NFL Game saying as long as the NFL & your company support unpatriotic players action, I will boycott your product.
They won't care. People aren't going to stop buying toyotas or drinking Budweiser.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
My dad's best buddy, a retired law professor, sent an email to the owner of the Seattle Seahawks and told him that as a lifelong fan, season ticket holder, and decorated veteran that if ANY Seahawk player refuses to stand he will burn every bit of Seahawks memorabilia he has, never purchase tickets again, and certainly never again buy season tickets or support the Seahawk franchise in any way, shape, or form.

Haven't heard if he got a response, but it will take thousands of dedicated fans doing the same or similar to get the attention of the league.

It's pathetic that they need to do this; isn't it already so blatantly wrong that the team owners and NFL should be cracking down on this of their own volition rather than have to be pressured into doing the right thing by the fans?

I canceled my satellite TV so won't be watching any NFL games this year, anyway, other than the odd late Sunday night game on at work.

·
Registered
11,544 Posts
My dad's best buddy, a retired law professor, sent an email to the owner of the Seattle Seahawks and told him that as a lifelong fan, season ticket holder, and decorated veteran that if ANY Seahawk player refuses to stand he will burn every bit of Seahawks memorabilia he has, never purchase tickets again, and certainly never again buy season tickets or support the Seahawk franchise in any way, shape, or form.

Haven't heard if he got a response, but it will take thousands of dedicated fans doing the same or similar to get the attention of the league.

It's pathetic that they need to do this; isn't it already so blatantly wrong that the team owners and NFL should be cracking down on this of their own volition rather than have to be pressured into doing the right thing by the fans?

I canceled my satellite TV so won't be watching any NFL games this year, anyway, other than the odd late Sunday night game on at work.
Depends on your opinion of employee rights and free speech. The teams could bench players but I doubt the NFL could punish players financially. I haven't seen the players contracts and don't feel like reading the players union CBA.

In the end these threads, news articles and complaints are what fuel these "protests". It's the exact reaction everyone participating wants. If they were ignored they'd stop.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts