close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I love the bible, check this verse out.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by OctoberRust, Oct 21, 2012.

1. scccdoc

scccdoc

So much to respond to, but I think it's in vain. We are not on the same page at all. You do what pleases you, regardless of the effect on others. No wonder you make anti- Christian, anti- God statements, because it's all about you......................civilization in reverse, go live with the wild animals.............

2. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

So in other words you can't reconcile what you believe with the bible, and choose to judge me because I reject your silly magic book all together.

How you figure? How does my life effect others in any way other than how they allow it too? I've never done anything with the intent of physically hurting someone else. I can't say that I've never hurt anyone emotionally but who can say that? That's part of life. I've had my feelings hurt and I've hurt other's feelings and I always try to make that right and avoid it where ever possible just like I'm sure you do. But if you're talking about sexually... I am open and honest with all my partners. You have to be... it's the only way to be safe and mature about it. People that lie and sneak are the ones that are infested with disease and take advantage of people. That's not how I roll. When my chick and I bring in another girl into our relationship we make sure everyone is on the same page and that everyone understands the deal. We also make sure everyone has been tested recently and that we use protection even still with people outside of our relationship. We are clean as a whistle. I just got a clean bill of health two weeks ago. So you're absolutely wrong about hurting people and being sexually open leading to disease. Being sexually dishonest, unsafe, and irresponsible is what leads to that. It's like enjoying anything that is dangerous... you have to respect and acknowledge its power. But no one is getting hurt in my life except for the people that get their feelings hurt making my business their own. But what am I supposed to do about that? Live my life their way just to make them happy?

Nooooo you've got me all wrong. I am absolutely about mankind. That is why I do everything within my power to dismantle religion. There are so many people that believe this stuff in kind of a luke warm way. They just don't know any better and it's what they were raised on. Those are the ones that are easy to turn. And I seek them out and turn them whenever I can. I show them the truth and that man has finally learned enough about his origins and that of the universe to the point that we no longer need believe in silly tales of God's and Devils. See someone like you... you're absolutely and completely brainwashed. There is no hope for you. And that's ok... you'll live your life believing you're right and you'll die and nothing will happen and that's fine. Whatever makes you happy. And as long as you don't make any progress in making laws that effect my life or the lives of others based on your nonsense... I could really care less what you believe. But our work has to continue. Look at the numbers. Every year more and more people are leaving religion behind them and stepping out into the light of true knowledge, wisdom, and freedom. We are winning the battle for mankind's future from religious chains. Those like you will be churned under in history and become tales of times long past... like the ancient Greeks with their God's of Olympus. My position is not a selfish one. Rather I am engaging in the battle for mankind's soul... if you will.

We are animals. We evolved right along side every other living thing on this planet. We're no better than they. We're all apart of this ecosystem and we all have an equal right to exist. Man is just the Earth's version of fleas. We gather on her body, reproduce, and drain her of her blood.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012

3. scccdoc

scccdoc

It is reconciled, you just reject it and don't understand the Old and New Covenants

How about children, for example? Do they "allow" your behavior?But keep justifying it until you run into something you can't.

Open and honest? Just like a "good" man who curses and denigrates people who have different beliefs?

I've seen both sides and lived it. I can't be "lukewarm" knowing what I've seen. BTW, God does not call us to be "lukewarm", not a true, saved Christian.

Not brainwashed, no' I've experienced God. You haven't and with your attitude, you may never experience the greatest joy.

Your work? Who's your leader, never mind, I know.

Soul? Must be a bad analogy, If you don't believe in God, how can you believe we have a soul? Reincarnation maybe?

You spoke about mankind? You never answered a question from a previous post about atheist organizations which spend tons of money and time to help "mankind".

4. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

I understand them just fine. You just choose to cherry pick what parts agree with what you believe and ignore the parts that don't.

I don't understand what you mean here. What about children? I don't have any children. My chick has a daughter and I'm happy to say that we are repairing the child abuse that her grandmother has inflicted on her by making her go to church and attempting to brainwash her with religion. But what do you mean do children "allow" my behavior?

You are fabricating the reason for which I "Cursed" you. Careful... don't want to be a liar do you Christian?

Whatever... I don't care if they're "Real" Christians or not. As long as they turn. That's all that matters to me... sheer numbers. The less voting strength you have... the safer our society will be. I don't care how you wanna classify them... as long as they walk away from the nonsense that is religion... the future gets just a little brighter.

Sure ya have.

Oh I have. I've experienced the greatest Joy... and the greatest Becky, and Gina, and Angie, and ect...

I am. I don't hear voices, or imagine invisible men in the clouds watching over me. I don't see things I can't explain and like a savage just assume God did it. I don't believe in magic or wizardry. I don't allow the mob mentality of church thinking to control me. I'm not a follower. I am a leader. A leader of myself. I do not need a bible to keep me from killing or stealing. I do it on my own. I don't need fear of Hell to know that it's good to help those who are less fortunate than I. And I'm not afraid of math and science because it contradicts a book that was written by savages thousands of years ago. I am free. Free of the chains you gladly wear.

It was a joke. I forgot... Christians have awful senses of humor. Don't wanna enjoy things too much right?

I either didn't see it or don't recall it. Please restate it and I'll do what I can.

5. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

There are plenty of irreligious organizations that may not specifically be atheist organizations, but have nothing religious about their charter.

Doctors Without Borders and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation would be 2 great examples. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, the world's 2 top philanthropists combining for around $60 billion in charitable contributions, both reject God.

I need neither the promise of eternal reward, nor the threat of eternal punishment to be altruistic.

-ArtificialGrape

6. scccdoc

scccdoc

I don't ignore,I place things in the proper context

You don't think your actions affect a child? Let's see how she turns out.

I'm not fabricating anything.Better start "deleting". I have never "cussed" (is that better) at you. Heh, you can't even apologize for your unprovoked behavior. Civilized people treat one another with respect.

You argue we're hypocrites or fanatics. Many call themselves Christian because they are not Jewish, Hindu, Muslim etc.

Yes, I have and do see the power of God often (funny, when I was in denial similar to you), I'd NEVER believe I would make that statement.

I experienced the same thing some time ago, what does it matter now? A loving wife is far superior to that lifestyle, one day you'll grow up.

You don't believe in magic?, but you believe life was formed by a pool of molecules randomly. It's not as logical as "Intelligent Design". Your wear chains, you just revel in your blinders.

7. ColdSteelNail

ColdSteelNail

Behold, I come quickly. Rev. 22-12

8. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

Atheism is not a belief system. Therefore all I can do is illustrate secular (Non-Religious) Organizations that help people. Many of which I donate to. I also volunteer for Meals on Wheels and at out local soup kitchen when time permits. I used to donate my professional services for free to our local Habitat for Humanity until I found out that the board members would ONLY consider families in need that were Christian. Then I told them they were on their own. But here are some secular non-religious charities and organizations that help people all the time.

National Ataxia Foundation
    ACLU
    Amnesty International
    Doctors Without Borders
    Engineers Without Borders
    Donors Choose
    Goodwill
    UNICEF
    Wheelchair Foundation
    Planned Parenthood
    Any Gay, Lesbian rights associations
    Most AIDS research foundations
    Any Pro-Choice foundation
    National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy

There's plenty more too. You probably won't like them because they are geared toward actually helping people without trying to convert them or preach to them. The only mission is helping... not converting. Which I can't say for most churches.

9. scccdoc

scccdoc

But that WAS the question, even so, a drop in the bucket to religious organizations determined to help mankind. God forbid if you are ever in a similar situation (your buddy is helping mankind, lol), but if you were, would you refuse help from us ignorant,Christians?

10. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

"Revel in your binders" would have been funnier. :rofl:

11. scccdoc

scccdoc

So you can't answer the question as it was posed. Did you go to Haiti, Mr. "help mankind"? Donate money?

I didn't either, but I go to and financially support orphanages in Central America as well as other things locally. If I name them, you say I'm bragging.

12. scccdoc

scccdoc

You're right!

13. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

Same thing. You're just sugar coating it. You want a God that hates all the same people you do.

Of course they do. But they are having a positive effect. She's top of her class in math and science. She gets straight A's. Her soccer coach says she's becoming one of his star players. And she's even stopped having scary dreams now that her mother and I have gotten through to her there are no such things as demons, and ghosts, and witches and spirits. I remember she came to me a cried one time because her grandmother made her sing that terrible song "Washed in the blood of the Lamb" in church. She was afraid they were going to actually wash her in blood. I had to explain to her they're just crazy people and they don't mean anything they say. It's all make believe and nonsense. We're teaching her that SHE has control over her life and what path she takes. We are teaching her that education is the key to whatever she wants to do. If she wants to flip burgers she can quit school right now. If she wants to be a Veterinarian like she wants to be... she has to excel at math and science. We are having a bold and positive effect on her development. She's far smarter than the other children her age that attend her church. We have to let her go to church otherwise her grandmother will disown her. But we're effectively combating the brainwashing nicely. She's nearing that age where she is interested in boys so we've already begun giving her a detailed and complete education about sex. She knows more than many adults at this point. We want to make sure that when she chooses to have sex... she is armed with all the available knowledge so that she can protect herself and her future. We aren't doing like her grandmother who says "It's a sin and you'll go to hell if you have sex out of wedlock!" That teachers her nothing but to be ashamed and fearful of her sexuality. That is truly child abuse. My hope is that she turns out a more powerful thinker and successful person that her mother and myself combined.

You're fabricating the reason for my actions... and in that you are being dishonest. But much like your approach to the bible you choose what you want to believe and ignore all facts to the contrary.

Like I said... whatever. See there's all kinds of flavors of religious nuts. There's only one real flavor of non-believer and that is FREE. As long as more folks stop believing... I don't care what they were before.

Video tape it. I wanna see it.

I have a steady partner. We've been together for years. Neither of us believe in marriage since it is such a failed institution. I know... you think the love you have with your wife is stronger than what I have with my chick. But we've already established you're crazy and that you believe in fairy tales and mythology. So... whatever. My chick would be miserable if she had to agree to be with just me and swear off women for the sake of an archaic outdated ritual that treats women like cattle. She likes the girls too much. It takes a grown up to handle a relationship such as ours in an adult fashion.

No I don't believe in magic. I know that under the right conditions RNA can be formed in a chemical reaction. RNA is the base for DNA. All you need is the spark of UV light and BLAM life can happen naturally. It isn't magic my friend. It is nature doing what nature does. If it didn't we wouldn't be here to worry about it. There are billions of planets out there where the conditions aren't right. You know what happens? Nothing. We're in the right place at the right time. And there is no other meaning to us being here than to just exist. Your belief in a creator caring for you and making a special place just for little old you is self-importance at its highest degree. I have no chains. If tomorrow I decide to reject what the scientific community has concluded from its findings to date... I can... no devil or monster is gonna get me. And discovery of new findings and data will continue whether I like it or not. I have no dogma or cannon who's relevance and substance are slowly shrinking and losing ground every single day like you. I am free.

14. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

When I was in search and rescue, on occasion a Salvation Army food truck would roll up early in the morning after a mission had gone through the night. Somebody had been awakened in the middle of the night so that they could get food and start cooking and show up in a truck loaded with breakfast burritos, coffee, hot chocolate, etc. I was grateful and appreciative to not be eating a Power Bar from my pack, and I subsequently made follow-up donations to repay in kind.

There is no doubt that Christian charities provide no strings attached benefits in their communities, and around the world. However, often the altruism is tied to an attempt to spread Christianity, and some comes along with a deadly, irresponsible message -- fighting against condom use in sub-Saharan Africa where AIDS is rampant is nothing short of deadly.

-ArtificialGrape

15. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

I thought I did. I illustrated some instances where I help in a hands on way. But I also donate as well.

See when Atheists do work for other people we're not trying to impress some magical being. That's the only reason Christians help anyone. To please God. Without the belief in God, Christians wouldn't help anyone. They're selfish that way. At the end of the day it's about their salvation and pleasing their God.

This is a joke of course because you can't show me a Christian that doesn't believe in God... but what I'm getting at is that you're brain is absurd. People help each other. It's human nature. I'm sure more money is raised by Christians than Non-Believers... because there are more of you genius. When the tables turn... and they will... when there are more non-believers... then it will be us that raise and give more. Not because our morality is superior or that we are better than you. They'll just be more of us.

If you wanna use that logic what's the ratio of Christians to Atheists in prison for murder? I know I know... they're not real Christians. No true Scotsman indeed.

16. scccdoc

scccdoc

It is our responsibility to spread the gospel, not to allow the spread of disease. Thank you for your honest answer.......... DOC

17. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

God's a minute man huh? :rofl:

18. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

Where you said "allow", did you mean "stop"? If not, then I'm not following.

19. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

Either way it's craziness.

20. scccdoc

scccdoc

It's hard to love everyone, tolerate is not equivalent to "hate".

You just said they don't unless someone allows it. I hope all of your "influences affect her positively, but your original statement was wrong. You affect people you are around, even those you are not paying attention to. I hope the same for my daughter, she too has played soccer since she was small, she wasn't a "star", only 2nd highest scorer on the team and started all 4 years of varsity soccer. She's a freshman in college now.

You cussing me out of the blue is therein the posts!

We do video tape the testimonies of lives that have been changed by God. To give you that may cause problems for that ministry.so that will give you a good laugh!

Sorry you can't keep your "chick" at home.