close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I love my new Glock 30!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Doubleclaw, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Doubleclaw

Doubleclaw Raconteur

Hey, everybody! I just got my Glock 30, and the first thing I did was head to the range and blast away with it. I have to say that this is the sweetest shooting .45 I've ever owned! It puts them right where I want them and I found that the recoil was quite mild compared with what I was told to expect in such a small pistol. I've carried a 1911A1, a G21, and most recently a 4506, and this little hand cannon beats them all in my book! I have one small, trifling concern, though; one of the magazines will only accept 9 rounds(it's marked for 10), and when I try to load it to full capacity the round will only barely engage the feed lips. It looks as if the feed lips will spread apart and eject the round when I do that, so I just leave it at 9 rounds and live with it. I'm just curious about this little idiosyncracy, is all...At any rate, I'm thoroughly pleased with my new pistol! Now I have to go load up on the value packs at Wally world!

2. commander

commander

You discovered our little secret. Welcome to the club.

Yes, some of the magazines are a little tight at first. Use the loader to get the 10th round in and let it set for a few weeks. It takes some extra pressure to seat these magazines. I don't recommend slamming them in. Instead, I use hand pressure to squeeze them in until they click. Oh, don't try to cycle the 30 by hand when fully loaded as an operational check. Take it to the range to let it cycle by firing it.
    Trust me, they will hold 10 rounds and the gun will function properly with fully loaded mags.

3. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Brand new 10-round G30 mags are supertight. I load 9 rounds and let them sit for a few months, then #10 joins his friends easily.

4. Rebeldon

Rebeldon

This is a normal reaction. We've all come to expect this kind of adoration from G30 owners. But I never tire of reading about it.

5. G21Pro

G21Pro Senior Member

I too am a new 30 owner. I love it, I have debated this purchase for a year or so. Should not have, this baby is grrreat!! The magazine problem was also there in my G21 magazine when I first got it. I think the mag thing is only with .45's right?

6. Rebeldon

Rebeldon

Here's what I did about it, and it worked.

I took mine apart and fully compressed the spring ten times for about fifteen seconds each time, or something like that. That loosened up the spring just fine, and it feeds all 10 rounds perfectly.