close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I LOVE my Johnny Glocks Custom Trigger!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ronno, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Ronno

Ronno

This is out of this world, after using a few others that start with Z & P... I went to Johnny and he did everything I wanted, perfect! I have 2.5 pound pull, NO TAKE UP/pre-travel and a strong push your finger forward reset that is only 5/64ths forward!
    :woohoo:

100% safeties all around and never a issue at all now and I have been using it for just over 6 months shooting steel plate every Sat in comp at a local club.

2. sciolist

sciolist

He seems like an interesting guy.

If you really do have zero pre-travel, I'd be interested to see a photo showing plunger engagement with the trigger in the reset position.

FireInCairo likes this.

3. Ronno

Ronno

Here is what I can show you now...

4. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Id be Willing to bet with no take up or pre travel the drop safety is compromised and no longer safe... and after watching that video yea that trigger is not drop safe and crazy unsafe if you ever happen to fall with it or drop it, it's gonna drop off that ledge and go bang on ya...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    FireInCairo likes this.
  5. jbglock

jbglock Manos Arriba

WITH AN UNLOADED GUN...
    Part of the simple function check is with the trigger pulled back shake the gun back and forth so you can hear the firing pin is free.

One could do the same with the trigger fully forward. If you can hear that firing pin rattle then lyodbraun is correct in his assumption.

Edit: To the other post I'd hope he had checked for proper engagement.

6. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

I've taken a regular stock Glock trigger bar and installed a flat faced trigger shoe and by only doing that nothing else it Compromised the drop safety, and would set off a primed casing with no bullet or powder of course by dropping it, and hitting the grip tang...

7. harold63

harold63

I don't care how good it is. Listening to that dude got me tired. Had to bail after about 4 mins.

You got to get with it to keep my attention span on a video. I prolly miss out on some good stuff 'cause I can't sit still listening to these guys who talk like they're getting ready to kick the bucket.

jmorrow45, Superzuki and Socks tear like this.
  8. glide

glide Just sayin'

Hey, if you like living on the edge and you like the trigger, good for you and more power to you. I like a light trigger but 2.5# trigger pull is too light for me. Maybe on my bench shooting rifles it's okay for a light trigger. I'll stick with my Zev Technologies trigger kits.

impactbumper likes this.
  9. Ronno

Ronno

This is for steel plate only, and all safeties are working fine. It has been tested
    Go look up his videos on YouTube and he shows you that they are all working

10. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

I highly doubt the drop safety works there's no way... that cruiciform is barley hanging on the ledge... but you believe what you want.. don't really what it's used for he bumps it hard or reholsters it hard enough I'm willing to bet it discharges... but hey what do I know?.....

11. Ronno

Ronno

Well we tried it and if a frame to hold it in a safe direction and from 6 feet up it worked. It's that simple. He also does government contract work on the new 19s going out. So yes, everything works

12. jbglock

jbglock Manos Arriba

What government contract work? (Interested member of the government asking.)

jmorrow45 likes this.
  13. Ronno

Ronno

You will have to contact him yourself and ask him. I am sure if you talk to him he will explain his work, the safety of his work and what he did for the government.

14. jrgreene1968

jrgreene1968

Was this a kit you bought from him, or did you send your gun for the work?
    I just ordered a Haley Skimmer trigger to try, hopefully it works like they say

15. sciolist

sciolist

The safeties either work or they don't. If you can't demonstrate they do, I assume they don't - and so should an RO running a chrony stage.

Maintaining the drop safety with the trigger reset to that position is probably not a problem. As I said above, I'd be interested to see you demonstrate the plunger works with that that trigger bar, and the trigger reset to that position. Is the bar engaging the plunger or not?

I've asked Johnny this question several times, and he has not provided a satisfactory answer.

16. igolfat8

igolfat8

It has to do with water and realllllly big boats.

jmorrow45 likes this.
  17. bac1023

bac1023

Very cool

Glad you like it. :cool:

jmorrow45 likes this.
  18. 125K9

125K9

Okay, let me guess. He's a boat anchor???

19. Ronno

Ronno

He has posted a few new videos, showing drop safety working perfect. Look him up on YouTube... He built mine there, but I know a few that bought his drop ins and they work perfect also.