close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I love my Glock!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cliffsta, Jul 23, 2012.

1. cliffsta

cliffsta Who, me?

I've shot it every chance I've had over the last couple weeks. I've put 350 rounds through it already without a single problem. Even shot a box of cheap crap at the indoor range without any problems. I LOVE it. On the standard B27 target I placed every round in the 9 ring with several bulls-eye hits at 6 yards. So my accuracy isn't as bad as I thought... just hard to see where I would miss when shooting at cans and bottles. I know 6 yards isn't very far but for practical purposes I imagine that's the furthest I'd realistically shoot. I think for the Louisiana CCW license I have to hit the silhouette at 20 feet so no problem there.

I've cleaned and oiled it after every outing. I do have one question: No matter how hard I try, I keep getting some white residue or fogging on my slide when I clean it with Hopps Elite, particularly on the ribbing towards the back of the slide. Any tips to get the slide dark and shiny?

August is going to be a 3-check month so I'm trying to decide on either a Mossberg Plinkster or the more expensive M&P 15-22...

2. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

You could wipe it down with clp...but look up Ballistol. That's all I use.

3. MikeG36

MikeG36

+1 on Ballistol. The stuff is amazing.

4. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats! :cool:

Which Glock is it? Unless I missed it, I didn't see it listed.

5. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

"I love my Glock!"

Me too. All 4 of 'em. Between the 4 I have over 20,000 rounds through them and I'm still waiting for my first problem. They have all been flawless.

I only use solvent on the bore, feed ramp and slide rail cuts and then I wipe it completely dry. If you want to wipe the slide down with a very small amount of clp or ballistol that would take care of your problem.

6. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

+2 also gives the plastic frame a nice sheen,
    SJ 40

7. Ranger45

Ranger45

Congrats! Love mine too!

8. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

Glad you love it! Why not another Glock with your additional check in August?:dunno:

9. SpeedyG17

SpeedyG17

+1

Or if you want something to plink with. Get the .22 conversion for your particular Glock.

10. cliffsta

cliffsta Who, me?

Well I think I'm getting the firearm bug... and so next purchase is going to be a rifle or a shotgun. I'm going to be doing some traveling for work over the next few weeks and I always make great extra money traveling (drive time, mileage, etc) and the aforementioned 3-check August. So its either a .22 rifle to satisfy the rifle bug (probably the M&P 15/22), or a Mossberg 500 for added home defense.

11. SpeedyG17

SpeedyG17

Since you have the bug I offer another option for you.

Mossberg 500 + Mossberg 715T .22lr

Although I don't know what your budget is or how much you're wanting to drop in one run this is just an option.

The M&P runs between $500 and $800 (fully loaded with all the goodies).

The Mossberg 500 runs about $350
    The Mossberg .22 runs between $250 and $400

So for $600 (roughly) you could get both the added home defense and the range plinker. Not to mention adding 2 guns to the collection and thus calming your "bug" for a few days.

12. cliffsta

cliffsta Who, me?

Hm. I thought the M&P 15/22 was cheaper than that. Maybe I'll just get the Mossberg Plinkster (my friend just got one) to satisfy my .22 craving. They're dirt cheap I know (I was with him when he bought it). I was leaning towards the Ruger 10/22 but the Mossberg Plinkster is so much cheaper.

As for the 500, I just want a basic model with synthetic stock and 18.5" barrel. That shouldn't be more than $400 huh?

Edit: I see the field/security combo is a little over $400 per Mossberg's website. Doesn't have the synthetic stock but it comes with the shorter barrel. I'll have to look around some. I'd prefer the 20" or 18.5" barrel obviously. Maybe the 50575...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  13. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Patron Life Member

I sell one of those at Dick's. We just got our new 2012-13 catalog in and we can order MSR's now. I've heard different opinions on the 715t. Some like it and some say it's a piece of crap. I'm thinking of buying a GSG 522-SD

14. Cracker7

Cracker7 Team Glock

How about a Benelli shotgun? I love mine, almost as much as I love my Glock.

15. SpeedyG17

SpeedyG17

I can see where some people would think it is a piece of crap if they were comparing to other models. But when I shot my buddys the other day, it was fun. We cleared almost 1000 rounds through it with no FTFs or FTEs (which surprised the hell outta me). It just depends on the standards of the gun buyer I guess.

16. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

Glock around the clock!