Glock Talk banner

I love a plan that works...

262 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  RussP
:woohoo::pepper:

Okay, the topic of the thread is one that always, always comes up in threads about persons with a permit/license to carry stopped by the po-po for a traffic violation and, in their eyes, are treated with less than the respect they believe is granted by having a concealed carry permit.

You know, the "Permanent Good Guy Syndrome", or PGGS (DO NOT go there, I know how what it sounds like).

Post one sets forth the basic premise. A background check performed at date certain in the past means only the investigated person was acceptable on that date certain. It does not reflect what may have happened thereafter to turn one into a homicidal maniac.

Things just fall into place after that.

Oh, there was an attempted hijacking. The a cops badge is no proof that he's a good guy, either. I shut that down with some help.

Now another crosswind is being thrown in to make life interesting...

"Russ
Since having a CCW isn't a big deal and isn't suppose to give any benefit in the eye's of LEO's then really I guess we don't need CCW at all then! Why don't we just stop buying them. Give into the anti's and not carry at all right! I mean really we have LEO's to protect us we don't need to carry right! I could careless what a LEO thinks about my carring but he dam well better respect it! Key word respect it does both ways!"

The beliefs of some, "...suppose to give any benefit in the eye's of LEO's..." :rofl:

This is going to be fun... :patriot:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=991745
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Crazy CO
17,668 Posts
Well, it hasn't quite turned into a hornets nest, yet.:whistling:

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tailhunter;12213186 said:
Again, I see no real good that can come from this thread. I go to cop talk and they exploit and ridicule other members that are not one of them. They come here with their attacks also. There is no good that can come from this .....
:whistling:

· Super Moderator
19,953 Posts
If you really loved us---in a brotherly way fully consistent with heterosexual values, of course---you'd give someone (cough) samspade (cough) your moderator powers for a day.

Heck, at the least that should be one of the prizes in the next GT raffle.

· Unfair Facist
28,860 Posts
Originally Posted by Tailhunter View Post
Again, I see no real good that can come from this thread. I go to cop talk and they exploit and ridicule other members that are not one of them. They come here with their attacks also. There is no good that can come from this .....
Translation: *****, *****, snivel, whine......snivel and whine some more.

:supergrin:

· Crazy CO
17,668 Posts
Dragoon44;12251426 said:

Did you serve cheese with the whine?:whistling:

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sam Spade;12248418 said:
If you really loved us---in a brotherly way fully consistent with heterosexual values, of course---you'd give someone (cough) samspade (cough) your moderator powers for a day.

Heck, at the least that should be one of the prizes in the next GT raffle.
There are perks to moderating(Cough)Someone told me to eff myself today(Cough) that make life interesting (Cough)Then there's the constance accusation I favor and have love relationships with the cops on GT(Cough) and fun.

Because we do not have a GlockTalk version of the "Men In Black" memory eraser, Eric does not let non-GT-Sworn people behind the Beige Wall of Silence.

So, out on the street might be easier...well, you can't make people disappear like I can, but hey :whistling:

· Super Moderator
61,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dragoon44;12251426 said:

No comment because we can't comment on individual members back here (see above post :whistling:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts