close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I LOATHE my HOA!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by J.Kill, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Gallium

Gallium CLM

got sick of the ****ing lime green, puke orange and flamingo pink houses eh? - and by that I mean the ones that had all those colors on the same wall! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Actually,many places in Europe this is illegal and I thought was stupid so I asked why it was so.

Seem that they have something against cars that dont have clean exhaust (think diesel smoke or burning oil) leaving soot on the walls. They also believe (rightly or wrongly) that it is best to keep fumes as far away from residential windows as possible.

Maybe your HOA had problems if they are covered spaces with soot on walls from cars burning oil/diesel etc and just decided to not allow it as the simplest solution?

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Those that are complaining about the towing, read post #1.

The new car was towed from property OWNED BY THE HOA. The parking lot is property owned and maintained by the HOA. It is essentially leased to occupant and as part of the lease agreement (which is in the HOA agreement) it stipulates the conditions of use.

So all those talking about "rights" shouldnt the owner of the property (the HOA) be allowed to manage their property as they best? This is not property owned by the OP that he was parking on.

4. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Verrrry interestink. Keep us advised…on second thought, don't bother. Ve vill contact YOU!

[​IMG]

5. TK-421

TK-421

Man, I envy you, that sounds like a great neighborhood. I'm so damn tired of people throwing **** into my lawn. The other day while mowing the backyard I found a juice bottle the neighbors had thrown over their fence into our yard, because they're too lazy to take it inside their house and toss it in the recycle bin. That kind of thing really pisses me off, and is exactly why I wouldn't mind living in an HOA where I could register a complaint about it.

6. Bruce H

Bruce H

Just want someone else to do your dirty work. It would be real hard to speak to the neighbor yourself wouldn't it.

7. handyman

handyman

Due to a bad knee got a townhome. Mostly older people they leave me alone, biggest problem people not paying dues

8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Exactly,........OP screwed up & he's now crying the blues!

9. CBennett

CBennett

lol and thats why id NEVER buy a house /apartment in a HOA or gated place...seems cool till you want to do something that seems normal then they say NO and then you wonder why lol. good luck

10. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Those types remind me of the class "tattletale" from elementary school. They drive around their neighborhood, inspecting the property of others, looking for anything out of place, and snitching to the HOA when they see something. Their justification is "my property value".

11. VinnieD

VinnieD

Sell, buy a few acres out in the country, enjoy freedom. For extra fun, sell cheap to a large immigrant family, from some eastern European country.

12. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

So it is OK to make a derogatory statement about a group of people that are white? What do you have against people from Belarus or Estonia?

13. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

:upeyes:

You need more sun, your skin is way too thin.

14. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

It's not about lawns, you just don't get it.

Go put another cinderblock under your El Camino.

15. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Now you make comments about the pigmentation in my skin? Thats racist.

16. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

After Hurricane Hugo the Corps of Engineers came to assess the damage to the hospital. What they found was the hospital was a Potemkin facade. Registers were installed in walls with no ductwork behind them, O2 gas taps in the rooms had no pipes to them, electronics were either not installed or had no wires to them, in short you would probably be better equipped to practice medicine out of your garage. Of course it was "built" with millions of dollars of Federal that instead of going into the hospital went into the pockets of the black, corrupt, liberal Democrats who ran the place.

It was the specter of waiting at least 2 or 3 and more likely 5 or 6 hours to get competent medical treatment in the event of a medical emergency that caused us to leave. And that time frame was only because we were enrolled in a jet air ambulance program out of Miami. The 2 or 3 hours would be if they already had a jet in the islands and the 5 or 6 would be if they had to send one from Miami. The Navy came in and set up a temporary tent hospital that they were still using years after Hugo.

17. Averageman

Averageman

I came home from Iraq mid tour to find my neighbor had begun to pack his backyard with Industrial sized Kitchen Equipment, by the time I get home for good this has spilled over in to the yard between our houses.
    When his garage door is open it is full of dry food for his business, Wheat,Flour, Pasta, canned goods etc. all laying on pallets.
    He also had a nasty habit of running his saw at 10:00 pm on weeknights while my Son was trying to sleep.
    Then when he sells the stuff he backs an F250 with a trailer accross my yard and sprinkler system.
    I don't want a HOA, but I can understand why folks might want one.

18. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Let him go he's totally out of it.

19. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

The bottom line is people jerky enough to not take care of their property are going to respond to nothing short of fines or other contractually agreed inducements.

20. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Stop fictionalizing. I've lived in HOA communities for the last 21 years. I've yet to "turn in" anyone for anything.