close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I LOATHE my HOA!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by J.Kill, Oct 13, 2012.

1. jpa

jpa CLM

Yeah, some guy and his wife did something along those lines and got themselves banned for life from ever serving on another HOA board.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/173415661.html

2. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

Not even close to our situation.

Our neighbors chose us unanimously, and only need a simple majority to remove us.

Heck, they even agreed to double our salary. Twice zero is still zero, even with the new math!

3. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

Contracting with a guy selling his property is not contracting with the neighbors. Contacting with an employer is not contracting with co-workers (union). Requiring such contracts is about as anti-freedom as it gets.

4. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

:faint::rofl::dunno:

effing clueless.

5. uhlawpup

uhlawpup Gentle Soul

NorthCarolina needs to read up on covenants that run with the land, and the freedom to enter contracts.

Without those basic freedoms, we can end up with chaos regarding land use and our living conditions.

If you don't like the covenants that run with the land, you're free to either not buy it or to get the required number of your neighbors to agree with you and change them.

That, my friends, is freedom at its most basic level.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  6. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

If he has already contracted with his neighbors and part of that contract prohibits him from selling to anyone not willing to also be bound by that contract then he can't sell to you unless you also agree to join and abide by the HOA rules. See how simple that is? It's not that you are being forced to join a contract with the neighbors so much as he is bound to respect his.

7. ray9898

ray9898

My God....where do all these 'freedom lovers' come from. They have no clue and mistake freedom with "doing whatever you want".

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I wonder something similar about people who are willing to give up freedom to make sure their neighbor mows his lawn as often as they think he should. I don't think much of those people.

10. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

11. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Kill people over a fence dispute?? :rofl:

That's exactly what I'd expect from HOA people...fighting over a fence.

I don't either. No amount of American flags they like to display in their yards will convince me they are patriots, freedom lovers, or anything else.

12. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

apparently from all the crappy looking 'hoods

13. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

I cut my grass when I want, put whatever I want in my yard, and paint my house any color I want...whenever I want. I also have no neighbors for miles.

And I'd give that up for people to vote if I can do it or not?? :rofl:

I also own enough property to put your house, and 10 of your neighbor's houses on. If this is the "hood", I'm never leaving.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  14. ray9898

ray9898

Willing to give up freedom? For me it is more like entering a contract to live near people with similar views and taste which promotes my community as a whole. If I give up the freedom to paint my house puke green and let the grass grow knee heigh then so be it, it is against my personal preferences anyway and is a 'freedom' I would never use. If I did not agree with the terms I would not enter into the agreement.

15. frizz

frizz

He probably thinks that road access easements are communism.

"That landlocked guy made a deal with the previous owner. I shouldn't be bound by that contract."

That contract created an easement to run with the land. A subsequent purchaser can either buy with the easement, or buy another plot of land. It is no different from a seller requiring the same thing in the contract.

"COMMUNISM! FREEDOM HATERS!!!! UNIONS!!! GAAAAHHH!!"

16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

EXACTLY what I meant - I couldn't have said it better.

17. TK-421

TK-421

It's not "giving up freedom", it's "giving up the **** we don't do anyways, to make sure that the people around us won't do that **** too."

Frankly, I don't want my house to be puke green, I don't want to have my grass be knee high, and I don't want my neighbor's houses having any of that **** too. So if an HOA is what it takes to make sure that doesn't happen, then so be it. It's not like I'm giving anything up, I'm just making sure that I'm surrounded by people I want to be surrounded by, instead of having it be a crap shoot and leaving it up to chance.

18. ray9898

ray9898

Alrighty then....if that is enought to ruffle your freedom feathers then so be it.

19. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

Now the stick-up-their-butt, tall grass phobes try to cover themselves with issues like easements. The big government beat goes on.

20. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

I had to report some neighbors to my HOA today.

One parked in his driveway, and wasn't perfectly centered in the drive way. By my measurements, he was 1.5 inches closer to the right edge than the center. And that's just unacceptable, hurting my property values like that.

I reported a second because they left a venetian crooked in the window. It's unbelievable that people are so incompetent that they would harm their property values as well as mine.

Another is having a party tonight, and he had the audacity to put balloons on his mailbox. Well, that dog just won't hunt. If I hear music, he's going to regret it.

Thank goodness for HOA's.