close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I like to rock out with my glock out!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Porterhouse83, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83

That's right, I open carry my glock. I love that Colorado is a open carry state! Kid asked me yesterday if it was a real gun. I said yes it is, and told him there are bad people in this world and though it's not fair that's just how it is and a person should be prepared to defend themselves. The kid had a huge smile and just said "cool" while grinning from ear to ear.

Ps no this is not a open carry vs concealed thread. I do not care about that argument. It's sad I even have to put this disclaimer as rights are rights regardless of how you to choose to Excercise them.

2. SiberianErik

SiberianErik

do you wear the matching shirt as well ?

3. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83

:yawn:

4. Rustin

Rustin

I've found a lot of gun owners are anti open carry. I don't understand why. It's not like we should only carry concealed, that's ridiculous. I support it, but seldom do it. If open carry were more popular, it wouldn't be such a taboo thing. If people just started open carrying the public would get used to it eventually.

5. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83

Regardless of how you carry you should be a good ambassador for our rights as a whole. That kid hopefully understood what I told him and learned something.

6. dakrat

dakrat

very cool story bro.

7. evenodds20

evenodds20 Ask me tomorrow

I find that it incites more controversy and problems than it does good. It attracts a lot of attention. Cops keep an eye on you, as well as over dramatic citizens. You got the gawkers that think guns are cool but don't see them very often because they don't own them, and then u got the kids that may be given the wrong impression at times. as a prior LEO, and as a future LEO to Florida once i finish up the academy, i think my stance would have to be keep it out of sight. you know its there if you need it and thats the only one that needs to know its there. We are taught in the academy that every situation we respond to involves a gun. why? because we bring it to the scene. some may be off put by this or may be on edge. well, you can have one with you incase something pops off but you have the tactical advantage by keeping it a secret. I don't see it really deterring anyone from anything in public. if you were walking down a 3 mile alley filled with crack heads and pick pockets maybe. but if you think your going to get mugged on isle 3 at the grocery store in which case you feel the need to display your leverage over any situation, your potentially making things worse by unknowingly escalating the situation. some people might become hostile. with todays designer drugs making people do crazy things, i would rather slip in and slip out without anyone remembering what I'm wearing, much less what i got strapped to my hip. its just not conducive to a working civilization. the people that get messed with are asking for it by knowingly provoking the public/Law enforcement with the "fine line" or "grey area" laws to open carry. whether its your right or not, is it always the best decision?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  8. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83

Point of the thread escaped you huh? It's ok, I know there will be folks who just can't resist postings in this thread such as yours. A positive thread will be hijacked then turned into something negative. Anti's love gun owners fighting amongst themselves.

9. evenodds20

sorry if i hi jacked but i was just carrying on the conversation of the last poster. I'm not against open carry, if they made it legal here i would do it until I'm sworn in but i think its stupid for people to act totally caught by surprise when someone calls the cops on them.

10. rilkil23

rilkil23

I opened carried my real gun to my moms house for dinner. I'm in Colorado Springs and my Glock went perfectly with my jeans and blue kool-aid shirt.

11. evenodds20

theres always going to be that person with a stick up the rear that feels the need to complain about everything that doesn't revolve around them and i figure it would be more of a hassle to open carry than its actually worth. i don't think i would be startled by open carriers if i was on duty. i might stay sharp and vigilant of my surroundings but not to the point of disrespecting a right of a law abiding citizen.

12. agrech

agrech

Once I get some extra cash I'm thinking of getting a nice open carry holster for my dads old gen2 glock 22, you know, for fancy occasions. Mainly because I like showing it off, it's a sexy gun lol. But for edc practicality I'll stick to my concealed g23

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  13. AustinTx

AustinTx

I believe that's true. Some don't.

14. GlocK_W0rK

GlocK_W0rK

Strongly against open carry. Last thing I'd want is a potential attacker knowing I have a gun before making his move on me.

15. trip20

trip20

That is how it should be. When those sensitive folks engage law enforcement at the sight of an OC'er, I expect that law enforcement respond only to observe and let law abiding OC'ers go about their business. Not respond by harassing via unnecessary detainment and questioning for merely OC'ing. I understand a "man with a gun" call might garner law enforcement attention. I also expect that the responding officer(s) act accordingly with intelligence and respect.

Unfortunately there are times when LEO's respond with the compelling need to challenge and confront even when there is no discernible unlawful activity, hence the myriad of YouTube vids showing idiotic OC'ers and LEO's alike.

16. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83

Thinking back on the conversation with the kid I probably could have been more clear with the guidelines of protecting yourself. I hope he knows being called names is not a good reason to hurt someone.

17. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83

18. evenodds20

yeah, i wasn't gonna say anything but, depending how you said whatever you said to him, i may or may not appreciate someone kneeling down and telling my kids the world is a bad and crazy place. now keep in mind I'm thinking about my 4 year old boy when i think of this incident and i wasn't there so i cannot say for sure how you came across. I'm only saying we might want to be 100% certain about how the parents might feel when we try to give them a piece of advice. not saying that you were out of line, but it does raise a discussion.

19. Porterhouse83

Porterhouse83

I'm not going to go word for word but his mother didn't seem to mind anything I said and even thanked me for taking the time to answer his questions. I'm sure a egocentric father would have had a different reaction. (No insinuations meant toward anyone on the forum)

20. unit1069

unit1069

From the Tao: "Keep your arms well hidden".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.