close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I LIKE my Glock grip

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Idontplaynice, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Idontplaynice

Idontplaynice

I have a Glock 19, and I really have no problems with the grip as far as angle or size. It's pretty comfortable to me. Anyone feel the same?

2. cmcinc

cmcinc

All my Glocks work good for me.

3. SCC

SCC just me

4. Idontplaynice

Idontplaynice

:rofl:

5. CaliColin

CaliColin

I have heard many complain that the grip angle does not "point naturally". I have not found this to be true for me, but to be fair I have not spent much time training with 1911's either. I suspect that if I picked up a pistol with a different grip angle, it would not point naturally for me either. Of course. The same would be true if I got behind the wheel of a vehicle that is different from mine. I would not expect to be able to drive around a track as naturally as my own. Regardless, with enough range time, you can learn to point ANY gun in the right direction "naturally".

Sometimes I perform this drill to improve my point shooting: I focus on a target and quickly point my pistol at it without looking at the sight. Then I hold my pistol still and focus on the sight. The sight should be lined up with a reasonable margin of error. I believe it is best to train your hand to point the gun, not let the gun point your hand. In other words, if your defense weapon does not point naturally, then train yourself until it does.

6. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

I must say, after 30+ years of using the 1911, and 20 with the Glock, I must say that I actually prefer the Glock grip.

I'm in the minority, nationwide, but the 1911 grip angle just feels "wrong" in my hands. Most folks express the opposite.

7. tbhracing

tbhracing Senior Member

8. vinnier6

vinnier6

thats why i buy them....

9. sciolist

sciolist

I like the way my stock 19 grip (3rd gen) feels just handling the gun, but the trigger guard irritates the second knuckle of my strong middle finger when I shoot. Sanding a larger radius onto the edge of the guard helped a lot, but I still get a touch of numbness the day after shooting 200 rounds or so.

This has not happened the few times I've shot a 17 with stock grips.

10. SHG21

SHG21

I like the feel of my 21 (late gen 2).

11. voyager4520

voyager4520

I like it except for the slippery texture of the surface of the plastic. I put a Hogue HandALL grip on my G23 and love it, but it still gets slippery with sweat. I thought it was going to be too bulky, but it's actually just right. I've honestly been thinking of putting skateboard tape on the Hogue grip.:supergrin: I just don't know how well it would adhere.

12. geronimo509

geronimo509

It points just fine for me too. I also prefer Glocks to my 1911's.

I also think Glocks are sexy, but thats for a different thread:outtahere:

13. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I have no problem with the angle. The finger grooves don't seem to line up too well with my fingers on my 19 & 23. It's not a big deal but my 17 & 22 just feel better and for that reason gets carried & shot more.

14. ronin.45

ronin.45

As far as angle goes I can switch between my revolvers, 1911's, and Glocks without a problem. I never understood why some people can't point a glock.

It also makes me laugh when everybody starts texturing the plastic or putting sandpaper all over the gun. I've shot in every condition imaginable from sweltering 100deg sweaty days to rainy muddy days, and never lost my grip on the gun.

The only mod I understand is a reduction. Some people have smaller hands that can't reach around a double stack gun. I accept that.

15. Chuck Rhodes

Chuck Rhodes

The grip on the new 17 I picked up today feels kinda like tape or a decal. Didn't slip at all today, but I didn't work up much of a sweat.

16. HOV

HOV

I have a scar on the second knuckle of my right hand middle finger.

17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

The only grip angle I like better than Glock is Browning Hi Power. The Glock angle also gives you a stronger grip than straighter guns like 1911's (especially the flat mainspring housing 1911's). Glock lets you get closer to a straight line across the top of your arm and hand, like a punching position, rather than rocking your fist back into one of those "I hit a guy and broke my wrist and 2 knuckles" weak punching positions, like with the 1911.

18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

True enough - it may feel a little better/worse or work a little better for point-shooting, but if you have a hard time shooting a gun because of the grip angle you probably don't understand the fundamentals to begin with.

19. unclecharlie

unclecharlie

I like it too- prefer the Glock Compact grip to any other handgun- even other sizes of Glocks. My 23 points better and feels better to me. And if I need another gun anytime soon, it'll be a G19....

That having been said, I DO like the feel of a 1911 Commander/Officers model. With a big honkin' arched mainspring housing (so it points more like my Glock!). Classic is just... well, classic.

-Charlie

20. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Full, compact and subcompact sizes work well with me.

I know most hate Glocks because of the grip, but it's a battle grip and it's not suppossed to be comfy.