I know I'm being impatient...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by nky1129, Mar 23, 2010.

1. nky1129

nky1129

..but I want my P229 now! I finally have the money, but now I can't find one. :faint:Bud's Sig line is down for now and all the local shops are either out or only have it in 9mm (I want 40). One shop said that they'd order it for me but it could be up to a month before it comes in! F#@$!!!!!!!! I know it's worth the wait, but this is killing me. If I don't buy it soon, the gf will find something more practical that the money should go to. Or the dishwasher will break. Or the dog will need a root canal. Or Obama will take it to pay for lazy people's heathcare...

2. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge "The Sarge"

Try www.topgunsupply.com Really good people to deal with for guns and parts. Also CDNN Investments. Bill

3. Kona2004

Kona2004

Have you checked Quick Cash in Florence? I bought a P226 in 40 from them a couple months ago. They didn't have it in stock but ordered it with nothing down and it showed up in two business days. I also paid $150 less than what Shooter's had the exact same gun in their case for.

4. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

5. nky1129

nky1129

I'm going to stop by there on the way home from work. They were closed when I stopped by RLC last night.

6. nky1129

nky1129

Ordering online is kind of my last resort. I know I'm being picky, but I like to handle\inspect guns before I buy them. I also like to give my money to local businesses (or at least 'in state') whenever possible. I did check out summitgunbroker.com though. He does have some amazing deals.

7. Kona2004

Kona2004

This is the only place in the area I shop anymore. I've only been in the doors of RLC once and was underwhelmed by their selection and pricing. Mark's never impressed me either. While they have a nice selection of long guns, they ask way too much. I'll also never buy another gun from Shooter's, and if not for their range, would never set foot in their doors again. Other than the $150 difference on the P226 I mentioned earlier, they were also asking $90 more for the M&P15-22 than Quick Cash back in the fall when I was looking for that. Not only are their prices high, the owners (they do have a couple good sales guys) are complete jerks, who when they have an empty store basically act as though you're bothering them when you ask to see a gun after you've already spent a few thousand there in the same year.

8. nky1129

nky1129

I've had nothing but bad experiences at Mark's. Shooter's has been hit and miss. I agree with the sentiment on the owner(s). I like a couple of the sales guys though. They'll stand there and talk guns for over an hour, even though I've already told them I'm not buying anything. RLC's selection is depressing, but the old guy that owns the place will bend over backwards to find\order whatever you want. I know that's the way it's supposed to be, but these days it's rare. I don't mind spending a few extra bucks at his shop.

I've found that at Mark's, unless you have a badge or grew up next door to one of the employees, you're treated like a moron.

9. Nutt51

Nutt51

I have only bought one gun from them, but
    www.whittakerguns.com carries Sig's.
    They are in Owensboro, KY.
    May be worth checking with. Good luck.

10. Kona2004

Kona2004

The guys at Quick Cash also gave me this site to check out if they don't have something on hand I'm looking for. It's for one of their distributors and gives the sale price for both them and RLC. Unfortunately for you, Sig is not one of the lines they carry. I recently bought a S&W1911 from them this way. You have to put 25% of MSRP down, then pay for the balance at delivery. There's only a $20 shipping/transfer fee added. Everything I looked at, RLC was actually charging over MSRP.

http://galleryofguns.com
    Just click on the Gun Genie tab and you can plug away at your search criteria.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010