Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
25,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
....the always had one when I was a kid.

What they need to do is have the DMV charge a fee for the 'drive like a D-bag' endorsement that most EVERYONE seems to have. An entire state of wannbee NASCAR drivers. My God, I have never seen so many people in a hurry to get to the next red light. Thankfully in two hours I'll be over the border and the lovely vista of Mt Shasta in the sunset.

I'm liberating the rescue dog from California (and some sweet 1911 slides)

·
Registered
32,836 Posts
....the always had one when I was a kid.

What they need to do is have the DMV charge a fee for the 'drive like a D-bag' endorsement that most EVERYONE seems to have. An entire state of wannbee NASCAR drivers. My God, I have never seen so many people in a hurry to get to the next red light. Thankfully in two hours I'll be over the border and the lovely vista of Mt Shasta in the sunset.

I'm liberating the rescue dog from California (and some sweet 1911 slides)
You know the speed limits are frequently over 55 here. You guys have some serious speed traps up there. Hwy 26 near Mt Hood is retarded slow.

·
Banned
25,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You know the speed limits are frequently over 55 here. [/QUOTE

Yes, I noticed the signs.

The great thing about or 55 MPH speed limit on the mountian passes is folk will do 65. If it was 65 they would be doing 80 and the wrecks would be even more numerous and deadly. (I worked for the Bend Airlife) Our highways are mostly two lane and you can get away with 65 unless you are driving like a Californian.

.....and we like our slow speed limits 'cuz it tweeks the Calidorks!

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
My guess is that a nationwide d-bag driving fee probably could make a decent dent in the federal deficit.

·
It can be done
7,602 Posts
You know the speed limits are frequently over 55 here. You guys have some serious speed traps up there. Hwy 26 near Mt Hood is retarded slow.

One nice thing about California is realistic speed limits. People who drive unsafely will drive that way regardless of what is posted on some sign.

Also good to see some parts of Oregon are waking up and raising the limits to reasonable levels. ODOT is behind the times, but they are self-professed car haters anyway that will do anything to make a trip in a car take longer and cost more.

Mr. HE:cool:

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Did you get confused when you had to pump your own gasoline in Ca?
Oregon, where drivers have been declared too stupid to put gas in their own cars.

·
It can be done
7,602 Posts
Did you get confused when you had to pump your own gasoline in Ca?
Oregon, where drivers have been declared too stupid to put gas in their own cars.

If you have driven in Oregon you might agree with the declaration.

65 zone? Someone in a Prius will cut you off so they can crawl past the semi truck that is moving at 55 by driving at the brisk pace of 55.5, which seems to be some magic best fuel economy number or something. Seven miles later they finally get back in the right lane and then as soon as you pass them they pull over right behind you and draft you at 70 for the next 20 miles.:rofl:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Just got back from California a few weeks ago alive. Surprisingly.

Our gas is the same price, gets pumped for us, and keeps a lot of people employed doing it. Pretty cool system if you ask me.

·
It can be done
7,602 Posts
Just got back from California a few weeks ago alive. Surprisingly.

Our gas is the same price, gets pumped for us, and keeps a lot of people employed doing it. Pretty cool system if you ask me.

Looking at the retail price of gas will not give you the slightest clue how much extra you are paying to have someone pump your gas. There are many factors in gas prices that are not shown at the retail level. If Oregon got rid of the nanny state pretending people are too dumb to pump gas your price for gas would go down. There is no free lunch.

Add in that nationwide there are less than 100 accidents per year out of 12 BILLION times that people pump gas and it is hardly a dangerous activity.

Then you factor in that in Oregon cardlock members can pump their own gas, all government employees pump their own gas into fleet vehicles, motorcycle riders pump their own gas, truck drivers pump their own diesel/gas, collectable car owners pump their own gas and the list goes on and on.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Looking at the retail price of gas will not give you the slightest clue how much extra you are paying to have someone pump your gas. There are many factors in gas prices that are not shown at the retail level. If Oregon got rid of the nanny state pretending people are too dumb to pump gas your price for gas would go down. There is no free lunch.

Add in that nationwide there are less than 100 accidents per year out of 12 BILLION times that people pump gas and it is hardly a dangerous activity.

Then you factor in that in Oregon cardlock members can pump their own gas, all government employees pump their own gas into fleet vehicles, motorcycle riders pump their own gas, truck drivers pump their own diesel/gas, collectable car owners pump their own gas and the list goes on and on.

Yea, I get it. I guess I'm saying I don't mind paying our gas prices for the convenient service and to keep those jobs available. Sorry Flipper, didn't mean to thread drift.

·
It can be done
7,602 Posts
Yea, I get it. I guess I'm saying I don't mind paying our gas prices for the convenient service and to keep those jobs available. Sorry Flipper, didn't mean to thread drift.

Fair enough.

Oh, and flipper and I've had this discussion before and he fully agrees with me.:supergrin:

·
Banned
25,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
But our gas in Oregon is always less per gallon. And with the crappy winters here on the High Desert I like staying inside the truck while someone else pumps!

Looking at the retail price of gas will not give you the slightest clue how much extra you are paying to have someone pump your gas.

My odometer told me all I needed to know. I got on average 1.8 miles less per gallon on the gas I bought in California. The fact that I paid up to 73 cents more per gallon and had to pump it myself was just a bonus!

·
Use it up, throw it away
9,366 Posts

Nothing to disagree with here.

·
Registered
32,836 Posts
I've driven past that place 25-30 times. Not sure why anyone would buy gas in Gorda. I did put air in a tire there once.
If you didn't buy it before you entered Big Sur or you lived there you would need to unless you like driving a lot to get cheaper gas.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
It can be done
7,602 Posts
I bought two gallons just to say I'd paid that much for gas.

Makes a good story for the people back home.

Also, I used the restroom, so I guess I got my money worth out of them. :rofl:

Food they were serving smelled good, but I had dinner reservations a little farther north. Loved the drive and plan to go back next time I'm out that way.

·
Banned
17,266 Posts
Bah, I drive all around Western US. Oregon has some of the slowest, lamest drivers anywhere. They block lanes across at or below the speed limit. Many are some of the least polite drivers stacking next to a semi on the highway never letting anyone pass.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts