Glock Talk banner

I Knew that!

538 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  just for fun
This very well could be one of those posts that you read and say to yourself,” I knew that!” Well, I didn’t, and even though it could very easily put me in “bad light” sharing my latest experience might keep one of you from making the same SIMPLE mistake.

Ordered and received LWD newest adjustable trigger only assembly. Top quality product! It is such an improvement over stock that IMHO you got to try it to believe it. Over the years I have managed to acquire all the connectors and springs that are made for my generation three glock 32. Always looking for that perfect trigger setup.

Out of the box the new trigger was all that I had hoped it would be, and with the exception of installing the (-) connector, made the trigger somewhat mushy. Being the self- appointed glock expert that I am (Oh boy) I adjusted the pre-travel screw to (my) just right set point. This could be best described as- to the wall, ever so slight trigger travel and then the striker is released.

With the pre-travel set that close to the release point of the striker the reset side seemed VERY long. With the supplied allen wrench and a few minutes, I turned this weapon into a “range only” firearm!! Fun, YES, but useless.

After that it was –well what about the stock connector or the (+) connector with the factory striker spring or maybe the four pound striker spring. All this research comes under the heading of PLAYING. It was fun and all was going well up to the point that I installed the NY1 trigger spring and the (-) connector.

Whoops!! The striker won’t release! Everything was working up to the point that I stalled the NY1 spring! Pulled the slide cover plate, tripped the striker and removed the NY1 spring, installed a stock trigger spring and all is well. What is going on? Installed the NY1 spring again (slow learner) and the orange cover plate. Back to square one, the striker will not release.

It appeared as though the crucifix is right on the edge of releasing the striker but the trigger is all the way back and there is no more travel! The part I was having trouble with was- everything was working up to installing the NY1 spring. WHY?

All these problems were self-induced and hence this post. I had turned the reset screw in too far! The stock trigger spring pulls the crucifix back and DOWN. The NY1 spring pushes the crucifix UP. Turned the reset screw out half turn and everything went back to normal.
Reactions: DubfromGA
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Good man, with trial and error you resolved the issue. Did you take it to the range and wring it out?

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good man, with trial and error you resolved the issue. Did you take it to the range and wring it out?
One of the things I looked forward to when I retired was be able to go to the range whenever I wanted to! Wife's failing health has made that into a "We'll see what tomorrow brings." Last year I went three times! Plus side- I get in a lot of dry-fire time!

· Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shooter, collector,tinkerer or entrepeneur that you are,dictates what time, effort and money you will spend and pritorize.
Of all your adjectives the one that I can lay claim to is-TINKERER! Back "in the day" I took a lot of pride in my marksmanship. Now I'm just a plinker. And that's O.K. the past is just that, I enjoy shooting just the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.