close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I knew I'd find this sooner or later (bike related)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ysr_racer, Nov 24, 2012.

1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

I knew if I cleaned out my garage I'd find my scooter sooner or later :rofl:

[​IMG]

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

I just fired up my bike and rode it for the first time in more than four months. Life gets busy and time flies. I've had this bike almost a year and there is less than 250 miles on the clock. Something is wrong with that. I need to start making more times for the important things in life.:supergrin: Eric

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. goldenlight

goldenlight

If you are going to ride it that infrequently, I would recommend putting a fuel stabilizer in the fuel, before you find the carbs or the fuel injection clogged with varnish from old, 'stale' gasoline.

Gasoline has a pretty short 'shelf life'. I've seen it go bad in only two months, during the summer.

Carbs are not too hard to clean... unless you have 4 of them; then it gets expensive. Fuel injection is harder: the orifice that the gasoline come out of is about the size of a human hair, and there are moving parts in the injectors.

Once an injector gets varnish in it, it's usually toast, requiring replacement.

One last thing: the most popular fuel stabilizer, Sta-Bil, only has a shelf life of about 2 years. After that, it doesn't work anymore.

4. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

I use Seafoam when I'm not riding it.