close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I just went to Walmart, and....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by glock1911revolver, Jan 10, 2018.

1. glock1911revolver

glock1911revolver Vice-Emperor

when they asked to look at my receipt, I stopped and handed it over. Now clearly I handled the situation incorrectly, but I can’t remember how I’m supposed to conduct myself.

Was I supposed to blade? A throat punch to the mid-sixties woman who was at the door? Obviously open carry would have prevented this, but I wasn’t doing that either.

Spats McGee, -JCN-, Pierre! and 2 others like this.
  2. NMG26

NMG26

I just keep my receipt in hand. If they want to see it I'm all smiles. Normally I just walk on through.

3. Just_plinking

Just_plinking

Oh damn, Eric has something to say about this...

glock1911revolver and Paul53 like this.
  4. fusegsp

fusegsp

The proper response is to go to customer service and return everything you bought. Tell them you almost graduated high school and you refuse to be treated like you work at Walmart. If you bought something you can't return, like ammo, fire it willy nilly into the cart corral nearest where you parked your rape van.

5. Paul53

Paul53 Jedi school drop out.

6. 9jeeps

9jeeps

I'm also elderly and am happy to comply with the fokes who are only trying to get a paycheck. WTF is wrong with that?

CajunBass, TUCCI, Ramjet38 and 23 others like this.
  7. maxmanta

maxmanta

Pretty much anything you do can be seen as resistance. The safest bet is just throw yourself to the ground, cross your legs, and hope someone is recording.

Paul53 likes this.
  8. glock1911revolver

glock1911revolver Vice-Emperor

Wow! What kind of a weirdo do you think I am? I drive a pickup truck, not a van.

Sheesh.

9. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Me to, but please don't try to inject any common sense or suggest the idea that people should conduct themselves in a polite way with people that are just trying to make an honest living.

10. droidfire

droidfire

supposed to stuff it down your drawers and when they ask for it make a show of pulling it out of your pants and slapping it in the poor saps hand.

Filhar, SWFlGuy and Sechott like this.
  11. fusegsp

fusegsp

Or give them a Target reciept that has the exact items on it that are in your Walmart sack. Sometimes they'll just go lean on the Redbox kiosk and cry.

cptnawesome likes this.
  12. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

OP, were you being "detained"? Did you ask?

13. fusegsp

fusegsp

You need a van. The kind with the little bubble window in the back. A huge dragonfly mural on the side will get you bonus points.

pgg00 likes this.
  14. quasii

quasii

+1 Open Carry, along with some purple hair-dye. This will ensure a lack of human interaction during any "Five-Finger" discount adventures.

15. trooper2899

trooper2899 trooper2899

While my wife shops there I frequently engage the elderly door watchers in conversation - almost all of them have a sad story about why they have to work in their advanced years, some are using walking canes and have a disability, many of them have a keen memory of historic events and are great sources of information......I know a young guy who I saw play little league "back when" who manages the Walmarts auto shop......he has saved 75K in WM stock while working for them (employees get discounted shares - no brokerage fee). I never give them any grief I also tell them Never to risk their own personal safety by engaging any walmart scum bag shoplifters.

OGW and orangejeep06 like this.
  16. VoodooMountain

VoodooMountain

Why the heck were you even at wal mart?:deadhorse:

I don’t like being treated like a thief after I give them my money.
    I don’t like the welfare queens.
    I don’t like the baby daddy trying to sell me food stamps and paying for his unwanted kids toys with cash.
    I don’t like waiting 20/30 minutes for an employee to open the ammo case.
    I don’t like them trying to swipe my id to buy ammo, knives, paint, gun cleaner, mineral spirits, bb’s, etc.
    I don’t like the snide lady ringing me up to check every box, bag, and container I am paying for to see if I’m stealing anything.

I really don’t like being corralled into self checkout to have a clunky and broken self checkout machine call for assist from an employee who is never in the area and who could have just rang me up. Especially when there are 25 other lanes they refuse to use that are always closed. And especially because this is a huge reason for checking receipts.

I don’t like how it has caused so many good and hardworking families to close up shop in rural areas.

I don’t like how the wal mart effect is able to force a brand to lower their quality to meet a price. This has devastated and killed off many once great brands and products.

Most of all I don’t like to buy very low quality and pre-broken goods.

But that’s just me. Everyone is entitled to spend their money how they would like. Wal mart has no redeeming quality to me.

Rare exceptions exist in rural areas but then again, those wal marts took away smaller mom and pop shops in that area.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  17. crockett

crockett

I always time my leaving with somebody right in-front of me so they are busy and I just walk by.

I don't mind them at all, I just don't want to handle my receipt after they had physical contact with hundreds of people. Just one of those needs to have the flu at this time of the year and that's a first class ticket to being down for 2 to 3 weeks if you manage to get your hands near your face. No thanks.

Love the self-checkout at Wally World too.. no cashier is touching my ****. Wish they had them at WholeFoods and FreshMarket.

NoStress and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  18. fusegsp

fusegsp

But all of that fades away when you go into one of Walmarts elegant, spotless restrooms. Sometimes it looks like they had an autopsy / chili cook off in there.

19. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

I go in and out and in and out the garden center. They're usually casual back there and "couldn't" care less what's in the bag.

JustMelissa, gibbs, SWFlGuy and 4 others like this.
  20. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Okay FINE, go ahead, lick their boots, but once you start...

Just Glocks likes this.