I just got a Droid Eris, rec. cool apps???

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Danimal3805, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Danimal3805

Danimal3805

Yeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Any awesome apps out there? I've got the obvious ones like pandora, all the gun ones from scheff's blend (what no glocks?) a bunch of soundboards, "where?" the barcode scanner and a couple OK games. Any others I should get?

2. Rashid.4v

Rashid.4v

3. Danimal3805

Danimal3805

no the Droid is like the iphone but better cuz its faster, cheaper (free) and none of the apps cost money. That and its on Verizon which works 100% around here, unlike AT&T

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  4. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Uhh...WRONG!!! :supergrin:

5. Danimal3805

Danimal3805

none of the ones I got do.......:dunno:

ETA: haha just found some ones that actually do cost money. So that's like 4 out of 20000? :rofl:

6. LinuxKnight

LinuxKnight Edge Of Reality

Drois Eris, is one of 2 phones on Verizon that run the Android OS from Google, which is based on Linux. It has an "app store" similar to iPhone, yet the apps are free (most or many or all?)

Droid Eris is the "economy" model, and the Droid is the "fancy" model, in Verizon's current lineup. Droid Eris is made by HTC, who makes many many other smartphones, and Droid is made by Motorola, who also makes other smartphones and regular phones, as well as everything else they make.

This video has a nice little quick comparison of the Droid Eris, and the Droid.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-droid-eris-hands

This site does a comparo with Droid, Droid Eris, and comments interspersed about iPhone.
    http://www.mlive.com/living/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/12/verizons_iphone_alternatives_h.html

I have plans to get an Android phone through Verizon in the near future, probably the Droid, or maybe the Google Nexus One when it comes to Verizon (they say Spring 2010).

ETA: to OP: Have you had other smartphones before you got the Droid Eris (like iPhone, or Crackberry), or is this your first one? How do you like it so far, the size, the feel of the construction, etc?

7. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

FWIW, the Android platform is SUPERIOUR to the older Palm stuff (minus the Pre).

I love my Moto Droid! It rocks!!!

8. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

AIM - AOL instant message

Air Control - Act lie a tower, manage/land planes game

DroidLight - use the camera LEDs for an instant on flashlight

Fandango - Movie times, trailers, reviews

Google Listen - For the Pro-Arms and Armed American Radio podcasts

RadioTime - real time radio, good for Rush, Beck, Savage, Hannity, etc

RingDroid - Cut sections of any mp3 and create alarm/notification/phone ringtones

SwiFTP - Use WIFI to transfer files to/from Droid without a USB cable

Tapatalk - forum client...makes posting/viewing GT much easier than the phone's browser

9. Danimal3805

Danimal3805

LOL no the closest thing I had to a smartphone before this one was a Sanyo M1. The HTC replaced a well-beaten Motorola W755. It's tiny, but not so tiny I'd drop it or lose it. About the same size as an iPhone. I've messed with my buddy's iphone and its about the same, but slower. I would've gotten the Moto droid but my thumbs are too big!! I have NO problem typing on the HTC when i rotate it so its the wide way.