close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I just feel compelled to honor her...

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by 5 Staples L8r, Feb 2, 2005.

1. 5 Staples L8r

5 Staples L8r pwnz0riz0r

I am 23 and do not live at home any more and now have an 11 month old puppy of my own, but ever since the Christmas of my kindergarten year in elementary school, our family has cherished the friendship and loyalty of our spaniel-mix Brittany.

Tonight our friendship with her ended. She had had cancer for 3 years now, and at the time of initial diagnosis was given 3-6 months, but she just kept on keeping on, showing no signs of pain. It was kind of a running joke that she would outlast us all, but it was all too much for her today. She had a few large tumors which were over taking her and they ruptured, leaving her with surgery options, but my parents knew it was time.

I will never forget her colorful bandanas after a trip to the groomers, or her leaping 5 feet in the air to nip the limbs of the pine trees as I mowed the yard, or the time she scared off a potential robber.

Niether my brother nor I remember what it is like around the house without her, and she has provided us with over 17 years of memories. Her favorite snack was popcorn so the next time your watching a movie and your pup is sitting there wagging his tail, just give him a piece for her.

To Brittany, our first dog, and the one we will no doubt remember most.

2. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

She is waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge :)

;w ;w ;w ;w ;w

I had to have my dog put down a few years ago... He was 19 1/2 and had arthritis. Other than that, perfect health. Hardest thing I ever did and I still miss him so much... I am sorry for your loss and I know how it feels to loose your childhood pet.

3. mfackler

mfackler

RIP Brittany RIP

I am so sorry for your loss. But as misskitty said you will see her again. That will sure be a happy day!

;w ;w ;w ;w ;w ;w ;w ;w ;w ;w ;w

4. Jeep274

Jeep274 Member When?

;w Brittany;w

Kody and I will think of her over some treats tonight. (Maybe even popcorn :) ) Remember her well and love the stuffin' out of your puppy.

5. scowan007

scowan007 memberrific!!!

When I lost Claus, my Rottie, someone posted this for me...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...._

Author unknown...

6. SawgrassRaven

SawgrassRaven

Sorry for your loss. "Family members" aren't always human.

Looks like God has Himself a mighty fine dog, 5 Staples L8r, and you will definately see her again!

7. 5 Staples L8r

5 Staples L8r pwnz0riz0r

thanks yall,

it's kinda hit my dad more than any of us i believe since he's the one who took her up to the vet while she was bleeding all over.

But now im sure where ever she is, she doesnt have any trouble getting up on those slick wood floors and shes out running like she used to love to do so much.