close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I just don't understand "cat people"...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by AZ_Wildcat, Oct 13, 2017.

1. AZ_Wildcat

AZ_Wildcat

I had to be in a "cat" house for a while tonight. My daughter and a couple of her Girl Scout friends were working on a project, and I was the designated chauffeur, because you know...some parents suck *** and won't drive their kids anywhere.

Anyway, I was in the house and a cat jumped into my lap. I resisted my urge to slam the presumptuous feline's brains into the wall and instead just tried to politely push it off my lap.

The cat was not having any of it, and of course the Mom of the house said...."Oooh, he likes you!".

"Lovely" I thought to myself while she started to baby talk and coo and caa at the "pwetty widdow kitty kitty".

Then...ANOTHER ****ing cat jumps into my lap and starts **** with the first cat and apparently I am the octagon in which they have decided to do battle.

.......and "Oh, they both like youuuuuuuu!"

She still never got either of the cats off me, and I had t stand up and excuse myself out to my truck to "take a call"...where I waited for the girls to finish.

Okay, I get it...I am in someone else's home. I am not in my house where my rules are the rules, and when I have guests I make sure my dogs are on their best behavior and not jumping on people and acting like *******s....but damn, when you're invited somewhere, isn't it just reasonable to keep your cats off other people, and failing that, at least moving them when you see that not everyone is a cat person too?

It just irritated me, and I wonder if ALL cat people are like this, and not just all the ones I have met.

Opinions?

NO...no cats were harmed during the evening.

2. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Cat jumping on my lap wouldn’t bother me in the least.

3. boost1

boost1 Whooshhhhh

At least they were in the house.

4. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

There are dog people like that too.

5. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper

Cats do what ever the heck they want to.

6. SmokeRoss

SmokeRoss GTDS Member #49

They always have more than one.

7. Adjuster

Adjuster

My cat peeve is the people that say their house doesnt stink. And the second you walk in the door the house wreaks of cat.

I am telling all GTrs if you own an indoor cat your house stinks. You may no longer be able to smell it but any non cat people walking thru the door can sure smell it.

/

8. AZ_Wildcat

AZ_Wildcat

I think it's because she's a single mom, and probably in desperate need of a dirty, mind numbing, toe curling orgasm or something like that, and the cats are her emotional outlet. No, I am not a psychologist...but her daughter has been in the troop for 8 years, so I have known her for 8 years as well, and I know her ex-husband, who seems to be a decent guy...so, I can only assume that she's just generally a head case because she's not bad to look at, and if I was single, I'd help her out with her orgasm deficit.

Yeah, I know there are dog people like that too...but...damn. Really? It's not "okay" in either case, whether it's dogs, cats, spider monkeys, or gold fish...keep them off me. If I want to pet your dog, and he's not a dick, I'll pet him. If I want your cat on my lap...I'll invite it and pet it. If I am clearly not digging the current situation, I expect you, as the host to recognize it and move the livestock. I give guests in my home that courtesy. I don't let the horses in the back door to graze out of your salad bowl.

I neither like, nor dislike cats. At best I am ambivalent to felines except mountain lions which I think are cool and really dig on it when I see them on our property in Prescott, but house cats do nothing for me.

Mall Ninja likes this.
  9. AZ_Wildcat

AZ_Wildcat

I have to give her credit...there was no litter box smell. Her house is immaculate.

10. RenoF250

RenoF250

Cats are great at telling who does not like them and sitting on their lap. I am sure she figured if you did not want them on your lap you would just set them down. Of course they would just jump right back up.

Cats are cool because they do not give a crap what you think.

11. Wyzz Kydd

Wyzz Kydd

Yep, you can’t discipline cats the way you do dogs.

I had a cat once named Pete, short for Petronius Romulus Germanicus. My roommate at the time and Pete did not get along at all. At one point my roommate chased Pete around the house with a broom. The next day he awoke to find his favorite hat ‘American by birth, Texan by the Grace of God’ contained an extra large helping of cat sh!t. No dog would ever do something like that.

12. fastbolt

fastbolt

Dude, looks like the cats liked you. :p

I'd not be surprised if they knew you didn't like them, too. Passive-aggressive can be a feline trait. ;)

You walked (okay, sat) right into that ambush.

BTW, I'm not a cat person. My daughter-in-law and her daughter (my eldest granddaughter), are though. My wife is seriously allergic to them, and they act as if they LOVE her.

Cats are what they are ... and cat people are what they are.

A strategic withdrawal was probably your best option.

Gray_Rider and railfancwb like this.
  13. AZ_Wildcat

AZ_Wildcat

Seems to be that way with cats. I have a working theory that if a house cat awakened to find itself weighing 100lbs, it would eat you.

They have no loyalty.

crater and Gray_Rider like this.
  14. aksnowman

aksnowman

slap the ****ing thing out your lap. i hate cats they get on everything in the house after they **** and piss in a box and cover it up with their feet and then they are your counter or table walking around spreading their filth. dumb ****in pet. give your dog a name and call it and it comes give cat a name and call it and it just sits there or runs away stupid bastards. then the owner will resort to here kitty kitty kitty in that dumb baby voice and the dumb cat will still just sit there.

FEDLEO, happie2shoot and refugeepj like this.
  15. -JCN-

-JCN-

At least the cats didn’t pee on your lap.

16. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I actually welcome my cat jumping into my lap. Which usually means she gets up on my chest and drools somewhere either on my beard, shoulder, or upper bicep.

It's fine if you don't get cat people. I don't get dog people, so it's a mutual thing. And I actually dislike dogs to a point. Sorry, I live in an apartment complex, and there are WAY too many irresponsible dog owners here who leave their dog crap on the sidewalk and let their dogs bark at odd hours. And for the record: I don't blame the dogs, I blame the owners. But that doesn't make them any less annoying.

I come from a family of devout cat people, so it's in my blood. I just don't get dogs or dog people. I don't mind dogs, I just don't want to live with one.

17. BlueKat

BlueKat

Most cats are very perceptive of people’s emotions. The fact that 2 cats found you friendly enough to greet is saying something. I wouldn’t worry about it. Just remember to position yourself not to be easily accessible to a cat next time.

Ft.Defiance likes this.
  18. powernoodle

powernoodle

[​IMG]
    Grand Champion Mojo Parfait Delicious does not jump on anyone's lap. He is much too regal. No, you approach CMPD, not the other way around.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  19. Victor Dubya

Victor Dubya The Kindly Curmudgeon

Another plus for cats is that they don't have dog breath.

20. vram74

vram74

Is the mother of the House hot? Married or not, you’ve been green-lit.

Keep in mind, A cat(s) will be observing the event. Some will perch on the headboard, look down upon you Judgingly. One may furiously clean their *** on the nightstand while you grunt. Some will frolic/sprawl out at the foot of the bed as you grind tirelessly toward conclusion. You might even get a “surfer”. Those like to jump on your back during the act and ride the wave. And then there are the rubbers and nuzzlers.....

This is the life of a cat person ****er.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017