close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I just don't get it....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Folsom_Prison, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

So many threads I see folks adding extensions to their baby glocks. It just baffles me! I just don't get it, if you want a smaller gun for carry get a smaller one, why make it bigger?

Aside from that I hear/read of some folks issues after the grip extensions.

Not trying to bash, to each their own I guess. My carry is a 19 but if I ever got a 26 or such I'd leave it be, afterall I'd have obviously bought it because it was smaller.

Anybody care to share?

2. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

I have +0 extensions on my G26, but I thought about getting the the +2 ones. Only reason I have them is that I bought it brand new like that, but I also have big hands so the extensions make the gun fit my hand better. I do understand your point though.

3. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

I'm glad you get my point but Just wondering would you rather op for the grip extensions on the baby G or get a compact model?

4. GUN FREAK83

GUN FREAK83 NRA member

when i had my 26 and 27 i put 1 plus 2 extension on 1 mag and keep the other ones flush.

5. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

I would op for the grip extensions because my G26 is still easier to conceal then my G23.

6. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

So what did you practice with? IMO if you Practice with the extended ones and carry with the flush mags that kinda defeats the purpose IMO.

7. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Even with the extensions huh? Just doesn't make sense to me and for the record I'm not trying to bash.

8. Sammael

Sammael Ich tu dir Weh.

Options are good. You can make a G26/27 larger, but you can't shrink your G19/23.

9. GUN FREAK83

GUN FREAK83 NRA member

i practice with both. carried the flush mostly but it was nice too have 2 extra rds if i needed too use the spare mag. i only carried 2 mags one in the gun and one on my belt

10. GUN FREAK83

GUN FREAK83 NRA member

im bout too get another gen 4 26 and im for sure putting the GAP baseplate extensions back on it. i had them before and there the best feel for me.

11. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I understand where your coming from. I find that a grip extension can help but also I shot the flat mag base plate just fine. Its also easier to conceal with the flat base in some spots. I prefer to CCW the G19 but the G26 is my secondary when the handle on the G19 will show/print/people will notice.

All the threads on the M&P Shield and I do want to fire it and may get it as a bug up to my G19 or G26 but the length is more important for how I carry than the thickness. I sold my M&P9c 12+1 and keep the G26 10+1 because of the handle length if I want to have a +2 Id carry the G19 and have 15+1. I do keep a mag with the Scherer mag extension for when other people shot my G26 and need it.

The GAP floor plates have been wonders for some and some people have bigger hands so a grip extension will help. To each his own, what works for one may not work for another. My stock base plate works for me. :wavey:

:50cal:

12. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Why not carry your baby G with the flush mag and a 17 mag as a backup?

13. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

TSA, man your a good guy and I know your all about the shield but what does it have to offer as backup to your 19 and 26? I only have the 19 now but I'd love to have a 26, if I had one I'd probably pocket or ankle carry it to back my 19.

The interchangeable mags are a plus for me! I was feeling the single stack vibe for a while but I've finally concluded it's not what I want.

A.J.

14. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

I don't know AJ. With the extensions, my 26 is still smaller than the 19. I carry the 26 both ways. With flat base plate and extended plate. :)

15. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Thanks :wavey:, the G34/17/19/26 interchangeability in mags in one of the reasons I love Glocks so much. The M&P Pro 9, M&P 9L, M&P 9 and 9c have a similar feature but they are longer in height/handle for me to as primary CCW vs the Glock 9mm options. There are times when I carry the G26 and having a thinner gun for a second gun can come in handy.

Lets say I IWB a G19 then I belly band a G26, its not as comfortable although I hated shooting the Kahr it was thinner than the G26 and if I carry a G19 or G26 IWB then the thinner gun it was more comfortable and dug into less. Also when ankle carrying the G26 isnt bad a lighter/thinner gun is more comfortable.

I was considering the PPS or LC9 but the LC9 trigger sucks and the PPS would have been the choice if the M&P Shield came out, if I dont like it when I shot it I will wait for the XD-s 9 when it comes out. Until then I will keep my CCW as is, heck I may never change.

I tried out the M&P9 line up, HK P30/P2000SK, XD/XDsc/XDM,XDMc combos and none compare to the Glock 9mm combo. The Sig P224 looks promising but and I absolutely love the P228 but man those Glocks are like being breast feed by a nice rack and then turning into a big breast not caring if their silicone guy :supergrin:

:50cal:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  16. Sammael

Sammael Ich tu dir Weh.

Haven't posted these in a while - I guess now is as good a time as any...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I understand why people like and want the extension on the sub compact Glock's. I just feel that it's defeating the purpose of carrying a sub compact since it makes the gun larger and less concealable.

Back when I still carried my 27, I carried it the way it came from the factory. I never liked the way the extensions felt anyhow. I rather like curling my little finger up below the mag. For me, it makes the gun more controllable that way.

18. Glock40man

Glock40man

I know where you're coming from AJ and, I do think it defeats the purpose. But, the baby Glocks with mag extensions still are a little smaller than the compacts. However, I prefer to curl my little finger under the mag as well. If/when you aren't used to subcompacts it feels weird at first and, some don't try to adapt. But, that is why they make the extensions. FWIW, I did use the extensions (+0 and, +2) at first. But, I went back to stock.

19. Bruce M

Bruce M

That is how I do it.

20. The Box

The Box

I use the +0 on my 26. It provides the additional finger support but doesn't add to length where I think it counts, which is the BACK of the grip. For me, that is the part that sticks up and prints when I move/bend over.