GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Congratulations. There is likely no better steward for these pieces of Glock history. Congratulations.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Congratulations. There is likely no better steward for these pieces of Glock history. Congratulations.
Wow! Thank u so much!! :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
There really needs to be a Glock museum at some point as some have mentioned here in the past. The members here have enough of the rarer examples and Glock history pieces that definitely would contribute a great deal. GH, you alone would need to have an entire "wing" dedicated to just your personal collection and pieces. I would love to see that come to fruition in the future for those of you here that deserve to have your knowledge, expertise, and pieces displayed for other enthusiasts. Just let me know when and where and I'll attend the Grand Opening!!!

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
There really needs to be a Glock museum at some point as some have mentioned here in the past. The members here have enough of the rarer examples and Glock history pieces that definitely would contribute a great deal. GH, you alone would need to have an entire "wing" dedicated to just your personal collection and pieces. I would love to see that come to fruition in the future for those of you here that deserve to have your knowledge, expertise, and pieces displayed for other enthusiasts. Just let me know when and where and I'll attend the Grand Opening!!!
Thanks so much Adam4. Very kind of you.

The best museum for Glocks currently is Cody. I was in talks with them to display a couple of my guns prior to the virus. Hopefully, once things settle down, it will happen.

The NRA museum strangely relatively ignores the serious collecting side of modern handguns. Very little on Glocks and other important guns. Very heavy on older ones.

Perhaps someday a Glock museum. Would be SO cool!!

Reactions: Adam4

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Bumping this for CK.

We've been talking about very rare Glocks in the manual thread. I see that Adam4 has seen this but not sure about CK. Thought that he'd enjoy it if he hadn't. It was posted before he became active here. So, just in case here it is...

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I missed this post, thanks for renewing it.
Wow, JMS is the man! Giving you the opportunity to purchase both 35Cs!
I hate to say it but he may be a better person than I.
The story explaining the two different letters is priceless! Great detective work on your part getting that all together and making sense of it.
I love the "C" written on the labels in pen!
When does the glockhoarder museum open for visitors? After the pandemic?
You're correct, we are only stewards. I've already added contacts on my spreadsheet for people in this forum should I meet my demise sooner than later. I would hate for my collection to just be sold off to the highest bidder.
Thank you very much for sharing.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
I missed this post, thanks for renewing it.
Wow, JMS is the man! Giving you the opportunity to purchase both 35Cs!
I hate to say it but he may be a better person than I.
The story explaining the two different letters is priceless! Great detective work on your part getting that all together and making sense of it.
I love the "C" written on the labels in pen!
When does the glockhoarder museum open for visitors? After the pandemic?
You're correct, we are only stewards. I've already added contacts on my spreadsheet for people in this forum should I meet my demise sooner than later. I would hate for my collection to just be sold off to the highest bidder.
Thank you very much for sharing.

Thanks very much CK. I'm glad that you enjoyed the post.

We should all be very thankful that these did not end up with Glock like many of the other great guns that were with Ray and are now held by Glock forever.

I am profoundly grateful to JMS. JMS is a wonderful person and friend - far beyond the Glock collecting world. An another expression of my deep appreciation for his help with the 35Cs I am working very hard to get arrange for him to be able to get a very tough to find gun that he wants.

I've also tried to pay it forward to other collectors with respect to important guns - some that I'd very much liked to have purchased myself. I've placed four KS ABC G1 19s with other collectors despite that I'd love to own one to go with my G1 19. But, already having a G1 19 - though not a KS - I passed them along. I did the same with a 30th anniversary gun that I was offered for a very fair price. I would have LOVED to have owned it. However, I knew that a friend would appreciate it even more and so I steered it to him. I have done the same with at least two other important guns that I would very much enjoy owing myself. So, I try to walk the walk and to do as JMS did. I've found that helping each other out is one of the best parts of being in the Glock collector community. Without the help of other collectors my collection would not be nearly what it is. I am and will always be profoundly grateful for all of the wonderful help that I've received.

Further, it's my hope that as the virus abates that I can find a means such as Cody, NRA, etc to loan out some of my more important guns so that others can see and enjoy them.

Finally, as noted, I take very seriously my obligation to see that my guns are never lost to the collector community. As much as I like museums, I want my guns to remain with dedicated collectors who will share them with the community and will do the same when they pass on - i.e., give others the chance to own, enjoy and share them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Glockhoarder, you sir are the consumate collector and most amazing steward of a museum quality collection. You don't just talk the talk, you in fact walk the walk. I, like several other serious collectors, have been the beneficiary of your connections, kindness, humility and generosity. All fellow forum members owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude for your passion, knowledge and way in which you include each and every one of us in your journey.

THANK YOU GLOCKHOARDER

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Glockhoarder, you sir are the consumate collector and most amazing steward of a museum quality collection. You don't just talk the talk, you in fact walk the walk. I, like several other serious collectors, have been the beneficiary of your connections, kindness, humility and generosity. All fellow forum members owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude for your passion, knowledge and way in which you include each and every one of us in your journey.

THANK YOU GLOCKHOARDER
Thanks so much Adam4 - I'm blushing :) So kind of you!!! Meeting and sharing with such wonderful collectors and people such as yourself are much of the fun of the hobby. I'm just elated that I've been able to help with the building of your wonderful collection. The sharing and community of Glock collecting is the best part. Thanks again Sir for your most kind words. I am humbled and grateful.

Reactions: Adam4
61 - 73 of 73 Posts