GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
21,342 Posts
Congrats Ron! Nice score. I have an "item" purchased from Leo Steck a few years ago. That guy has had some very interesting pieces.
As I explained to Ron, I could have obtained them and been very tempted to flip them for a nice ROI, with my wife just finishing her Masters in Nursing it would be very tempting to do that. I had no idea if I auctioned them if the next owner would attempt to do the same, share it or just keep it to themselves.

I knew in Rons hands that they would be shared in the community and be in the hands of someone that appreciates what they are, their history, etc and not just how much they are worth, if at all. I see it no different than giving a historic piece to the Smithsonian like I did the Ginevra de' Benci ;)

Ps to all those wanting one I did ask him to never break apart the twins.

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
As I explained to Ron, I could have obtained them and been very tempted to flip them for a nice ROI, with my wife just finishing her Masters in Nursing it would be very tempting to do that. I had no idea if I auctioned them if the next owner would attempt to do the same, share it or just keep it to themselves.

I knew in Rons hands that they would be shared in the community and be in the hands of someone that appreciates what they are, their history, etc and not just how much they are worth, if at all. I see it no different than giving a historic piece to the Smithsonian like I did the Ginevra de' Benci ;)

Ps to all those wanting one I did ask him to never break apart the twins.
Hi JMS,

Thanks so much for your most kind words. They are deeply appreciated!

I will indeed take great care to be sure that these guns are available to the collector community to enjoy and study via the best online pics and info that I can provide.

Further, I am hopeful that the NRA Museum will eventually have in interest in expanding their very limited Glock display with some of my rare guns. If not, perhaps Cody or another venue so that more collectors can enjoy them in person. I've been in contact with the NRA already.

Again, my deepest thanks to you.

·
M62/76
12,283 Posts
I wasn’t even aware of the existence of a 35C. Interesting info Glockhoarder. Friends and fellow board members make for some of the best transactions and I’m glad you were able to pick these birds up.

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Interestingly, it looks like this one came with a firing pin that has been filed down. I assume for demonstration purposes as described in the letter.

View attachment 505186
Absolutely!! I totally forgot to mention that in my post. Great pick up.

I was told by several sources that it was common for Glock to include such a filed down pin in LE demo guns for safety. I believe that they are usually removed before the gun is sold outside of Glock. For whatever reason this one stayed with the gun.

As with this gun, my Gen 1 19, the 30 FDE RTF2s, the guns that Ray sold back to Glock which are now on display at Cody, some of Stan's best guns, etc it does seem like the pinnacle collectible Glock material not surprisingly came from Glock employees.

We should all be very grateful that these employees were the - or some of the - earliest Glock collectors and had the vision to buy and save these guns. Had this not been the case they would have been lost to the collecting community forever.

As I explained in detail in the thread on my G1 19 only because of this were all of the original parts retained with the gun.

Reactions: B C

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
This is awesome. I used to think I had a decent collection of glocks, but after joining and reading what you guys have, I don’t have much at all.
I'm sure that you have a great collection!!

Besides, you get to enjoy mine and others' guns here. It's not the same as ownership but it's free :)

Reactions: B C

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I wasn’t even aware of the existence of a 35C. Interesting info Glockhoarder. Friends and fellow board members make for some of the best transactions and I’m glad you were able to pick these birds up.
Thank you!!

That's SO true re: the friends and fellow members. That's for sure!!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
What a great acquisition man! Congratulations to ya.

So one has night sights and the other factory plastics. Huh. Are the sights marked? I can see that the front night sight isn't stamped by Glock so it must be aftermarket.

Very interesting.

Cat

·
troy ounce gold
1,446 Posts
:bowdown: Ron, congrats on the latest acquisitions! Man, with your GLOCK and other firearms collection, I can't even begin to imagine how extensive your coin/PM collection/stack. You da man! :cowboy:

·
Registered
20,550 Posts
That is neat. I never knew glock made a C model of the 35 either

·
21,342 Posts
That is neat. I never knew glock made a C model of the 35 either
I’m trying to get ahold of this one for myself, not sharing! :)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
“Pre-law” Magazines? What? Are those for pre-law students only? What the heck?

:laughabove::laughabove::laughabove:

Reactions: glockhoarder

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
What a great acquisition man! Congratulations to ya.

So one has night sights and the other factory plastics. Huh. Are the sights marked? I can see that the front night sight isn't stamped by Glock so it must be aftermarket.

Very interesting.

Cat
Hey Cat!

Sorry for the delayed reply. Non-stop work.

Thanks so much!!!

The sights are interesting. One fixed, one adj. Perhaps the agencies requested them that way so that they could compare the two?

It does look aftermarket. I can post pics of the sights if you'd like.

Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
:bowdown: Ron, congrats on the latest acquisitions! Man, with your GLOCK and other firearms collection, I can't even begin to imagine how extensive your coin/PM collection/stack. You da man! :cowboy:
Thanks trozau!! LOL!!

I'm extremely pleased to have them. Until JMS contacted me my leads had gone totally cold on these. I never thought I'd own one - much less both.

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I’m trying to get ahold of this one for myself, not sharing! :)
That is one cool gun!!!

Good luck!!! It will be amazing if you post one day that you have it.

I can tell you that I tried hard for that one. Glock owns it and they - at least when I spoke to them - had zero interest in ever selling it.

Turns out that many of their really collectible guns (not this one, others) came from Ray. He sold them back to Glock when he left the company.

I'm not sure why this one was made. I am sure that I tried hard to get it a couple of years ago.

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Reactions: pgg00

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Rob, the author of "The Book of Glock" and the new publisher of the GCA newsletter contacted me. He asked if I'd be willing to supply photos of the 35Cs for an upcoming edition of the newsletter. I said that I would. So, when it's published I'll let you all know.

·
Premium Member
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Reactions: DJ Niner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts